MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I feel good...

I do...yes, I curse Trainer Josh when he's making us run up hills or carry our weights (I'm up to the 8 pounders) over our heads like the army dudes do, but then when someone says I'm "shrinking", I just want to do more!!

So today...threatened to rain again at lunch - well, actually it did rain, but I didn't care. Not made of sugar, so not going to melt! Ran to the stairs, and as promised, this is my real stairmaster!

Figured out (slightly obsessive about these things) that each step rises approx 15cm, so add them up (not factoring in the two flat sections) and we've got a climb of about 25 meters. Doesn't sound like a lot, but when you're running them, or stepping up two at a time, or doing cross-overs, 25 meters is a lot. Managed to do four full laps today, alternating basic run up (or attempt to...despite the rain, still really busy) and doubles/cross-overs. At the top I did a total of 60 incline push-ups from the railing and 30 triceps dips from the benches. Back to the office (it is 1km door to stair - so got in at least 2.5k today) for lunch - roast turkey on a whole wheat tortilla with avocado slices, cilantro, chipotle mayo and romaine lettuce. Side of baby carrots. I don't consider it clean though, so I'm focusing more on that tomorrow. Photos to follow. Anyway, it stopped raining, although it's hard to tell looking at me - either it was raining, or I was sweating or a combination of the two. But note the smile on my face!

Boot Camp was rockin' as usual...of course, it helps to have someone compliment you when you are both running down the road! Don't think my feet actually touched the ground after that!! But then back to reality...we set up at a picnic table and did push-ups and triceps dips (I think Josh follows me at lunch and chooses to do the same thing later on!!) and bicep curls, before hitting the mats for squeegees and full body bicycles. Then jump up (yeah, that happens) and run (again, sure) over to the next spot where we'll do 20 squats, lunge walk back to Josh and round it out with 15 more squats. Repeat...three times!!! Then we played follow the leader, and ran up this hill - Josh loves goat trails - until we got to the top. View was outstanding, but I didn't have my camera. Then back down and repeat. Thankfully only once...Josh almost got to see what I had for lunch today! Back to the mats for some core work - static leg hold, beetle things (that's what he called them - move arms and legs, while on your back), crunches, plank, repeat. And for good measure some oblique crunches (I can't do side plank, as it seems to be what messes up my rotater cuff) to round out the day. I hurt, but it's a good hurt!
Came home and decided to go vegetarian for dinner tonight...lentil & brown rice pilaf topped with a sliced tomato, cucumber and grilled, crispy brown onion, with a side of grilled aubergine. It was awesome, and relatively clean, but not quite to challenge standards. That will be tomorrow, and the key is in the planning.


Again, I do strive to only eat things I can pronounce, so thought the clean eating challenge would be easy. It's the little things I forget, like the flavour crystals I add to my water to choke it down, or the protein powder I use for the GM's. Tomorrow will just be lime slices for the water. I'm thawing a serving of a light moussaka that I made from scratch (recipe care of the Clean Eating magazine - it has tomatoes, bison, potatoes, aubergine, Epicure Greek seasoning (which, as is all of our stuff is artificial and chemical free) and topped with a sour cream & egg mixture) which I'll eat with a Greek salad (tomatoes, cucumber, green or red pepper, kalamata olives, cow feta from the farmer's market and evoo & vinegar)...lunch will be a salad of some sorts with some more of the roast turkey (and it is roast turkey, not luncheon meat) and maybe some Edam cheese, more veggies. Biggest thing is trying to get the protein in my Green Monster, as my protein powder has a few ingredients, including artificial flavourings and aspartame, that just do not qualify as "clean". I'll use cottage cheese instead, as it's got almost as much protein, and go from there. Bought some fresh pineapple to put in it as well. Snack will be an apple and some almond butter. We're going to Boot Camp tomorrow night, so we can hike in the mountains Friday and not worry about rushing back, so will have to make sure I have something substantial for the afternoon snack as well.

Okay...watching Harry Potter (for the umpteenth time) in preparation for Thursday night (oh, my goodness, but I am going to cry during this one...sobbed reading the book!) and getting ready to go to bed. I am trying to get at least 7 hours sleep a night, as I think that's also important for overall health, along with what you eat and how you move...
Wow - remember when we used to stay out all night, drink like fish, eat anything we wanted, the only way we broke a sweat was on the dance floor and still felt fine???
Yeah, neither do I!!!
:)

No comments:

Blog Archive