MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Week in Review

Can't believe it's Saturday already...older people once told me the world would fly by in a flash and I mocked...now I am one of those 'older' peeps, and it's already July 11th!! Seems like just yesterday that I was trying to decide whether to make resolutions or not.
Let's see...Monday I was sick. Still have the cold (checked the Health Canada, and I'm pretty certain it's NOT H1N1!!) but I've been doing my best to sweat it out all week, and that's worked well.

Got excited by Amy's challenge this week because outside is my gym. I hate paying money for someplace that's going to make me feel less than who I am - there's nothing better then some "Miss Hard Body" snappily asking "are you done with that yet??" and then standing over you sighing until you leave...or has that just been my experience?! And I've tried several different operations...same snotty clientele! Outside, I can be ME! Sweating and wheezing and all my glory...besides, fresh air over canned air, birds singing or some discofied tinned muzak, trees, grass, flowers and river or exercise equipment all lined up...which would you rather? And hey, I save roughly $80 a month!!! But back to the challenge...I couldn't go out on Tuesday as I was championing a Pie Bake Off at work (yes, I sampled...) but after work was Boot Camp, and Trainer Josh did his best to sweat the cold out of me...stairs, ab work, shoulder work, more cardio, more abs...it was all good. Wednesday I did go for a 4+ km run/walk and ended it in the park doing push-ups, triceps dips, some step ups, ab work, plank, and squats...lots of squats!
Thursday, again no run...I had to race home to meet the roofer (a leak) and then halfway back to work, I had to turn around and come back as there was another issue. Have I mentioned I walk? So that was sort of my workout on Thursday...again, the Pie Bake Off and Eating Contest took precedence in the afternoon (this was the building wide competition, for huge prizes...think I'll bring a pie next year!) so I relied on Trainer Josh to kick my butt after work...and he didn't disappoint!

Yesterday, I again went for the 4k loop at lunch, and ended it in the park again. Trying to establish a core routine for after the cardio portion of my lunch...squats for the legs, push-ups for a good upper body, triceps to work the arms, abs for core and good old plank...love plank!! Then we did Boot Camp last night, and after running the beautiful Douglas Fir Trail (although the humidity and my cold infected, asthmatic lungs didn't initially get along!) which I finished strong by being able to totally tear up this section of stairs repeatedly! If this were 8 weeks ago...NOTHING!! I heart Trainer Josh and all his wisdom and butt kicking skills!!!

Dropped off H. and came home to try to decide what to have for supper. Shared a Green Monster on the way to BC, so wasn't ravenous, but still needed to eat. So, into one pot went whole wheat yolk less egg noodles. Into the frying pan, sliced red onion, evoo, garlic, turkey wieners (they were more like a sausage) from the Farmer's Market, some diced up red & green peppers and mushrooms. Toss till all cooked, add some fresh Thyme and some veggie stock (Epicure, of course) and then tossed it all together. Topped with some shredded cheddar, and voila...dinner is served. Ate, watched some TV and then hit the sack. Didn't even spend the night hacking and coughing, as has been usual this week.

Well, finishing up yet another Green Monster, and then time to get ready to pick up H. for a trip to said market, and then to hit up some stairs / park for some cardio and the weekly work out challenge. Pics and details to follow.

Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive