MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday...

Not a stellar day, but not a total write-off either. Actually made it to bed before 10:30 last night, and slept through the fireworks! Woke up, showered, got ready for work, packed lunch and made it to work on time! What is going on?!?!

Had a meeting with one of my bosses that went very long - my job is complicated as I officially report to one manager and the accounting group, but unofficially report to the technical department as well...and they both make demands on my time. It's like high school all over again, with all the homework!! Anyway, we didn't finish the meeting until almost 12:30, and I wanted to go for a run today. So I thought screw it...I'm not the one who carried the meeting into my lunch, so I changed (despite the very steady, heavy downpour) and went out for a run at 1. Was going to do the 14th Street loop (about 4.6km) because it's only rain...not acid, not boulders...just water, but the lightning deterred me a little! Again, I have no problem running in the rain, but the flashes of extreme electricity near all the trees on the running path scares me a tad! So I did the 10th Street loop (2.8km) and finished up with some push-ups off a park bench (very slippery in the rain!) and 35 squats. It has since stopped raining, so I hope to get a good photo of my other stairmaster at lunch tomorrow. Although with the rain today, I'm very happy I managed to get the grass cut yesterday.

Came home, after stopping into Safeway for some bananas, a bag of salad and an avocado for lunch, and decided that running and walking in the rain means soup for supper. And this kind of weather calls for chowda...salmon chowda. Cheater Salmon Chowda, to be exact! Take a piece of bacon and dice up and fry. Add some onion and celery to the pot...add a can of drained salmon (I used the last of the one my brother caught up north and had smoked and canned - delish!) and a can of cream of potato soup (I was way hungry so I added two cans tonight) and a can of 1% milk. Some pepper, some Epicure Lemon Dilly dip mix and we have chowda! Toasted an Ezekiel English muffin, with a bit of almond butter (and raspberry jam on one half, for dessert).


Tomorrow's lunch will be a turkey avocado wrap with chipotle mayo (add Epicure chipotle chili powder to mayo with some lime juice - superb!) and some salad. And I will tackle the stairs...in fact, I challenge myself to run at least one lap of them, since Trainer Josh is making me so very strong and confident in my abilities!
That's it, that's all I've got...
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive