MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, July 17, 2009

Dead car...

My car died today...literally...one minute driving, the next minute stopped dead!!! I hate it when that happens! Good thing I've got AMA, and after about a half hour wait, they showed up and pretty much confirmed what H-woman and I thought...dead alternator. Sad for my baby blue girl!! Anyway, got a tow to my parents (my mechanic lives and works across the street!), but once we got there, I found out that my mechanic is on holidays for a week. Argh!! Although my nephew came with a friend to "help out"...interesting that two AMA drivers and H-woman and myself all come up with alternator, but my nephew's friend thinks it may be something else, but he'll call around. What ever, dude! Then he comes in and says "bad news, it'll take 6 weeks to find one"...okay, or I'll wait a week for my mechanic (which I've said about 10 times by now) to come home and he'll fix it. He is a miracle worker and I'm sure he knows where to find said alternator quickly and easily. In the meantime, I borrowed M&D's Jimmy, which I'll return on the weekend. After all, I brag that I live and work downtown, so I don't need a car every day, but the minute I don't have it...I want to drive everywhere!!! And the worst part (okay, so I'm choked about my car, and the cost to repair it) is we missed Boot Camp!!! I feel awful...will have to go for a good run/toning this weekend, to make up for it, and then hit up all the classes next week. Good thing H-woman will have wheels, otherwise we'd never make the Edworthy class.

Other than that trauma, the day was good...took a few days off, so slept in (a little), had a nice breakfast of kashi squares, banana and almond milk, with the usual latte. Lunch was a turkey, avocado and chipolte mayo wrap with red pepper. And dinner was Pho...it is Thursday, after all!! And I had an awesome weigh-in this week at Weight Watchers! I really needed this boost and I got it, and I know it's because I've worked so hard with boot camp, and tracking and making decent food choices. Who knew...when you follow the program it works...now all I have to do is keep that thought in the front of my mind, not shoved down in the back like usual. This IS the year I reach goal, come hell or high water! There...I said it, and it's in writing, so it must be true!

Went to a late showing of Harry Potter (I must read the 6th book again, because I admit to getting a little confused at times) - BTW, where have 9 pm movies gone??? This started at 10, and it was after 1 when I got home...of course, I'm now wired and therefore still awake, which is doing no one any good, especially me!

Started a muffuletta (the olive 'salad' part, so it can meld flavours all night), which I'll put together in the morning, before we (H-woman and her fella) head out for a hike in the mountains. Also packing carrots, apples, hummus and larabars to enjoy. Must go to bed right now though, or I'm not going to make it at all.

Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive