MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend almost over

At least I'm starting this at 9 pm, instead of my usual 10:30 or 11. And then I wonder why I'm always tired!
After yesterday's walk and workout in the park, I pretty much slugged it out on the couch - got caught up on some stuff on my PVR (personal video recorder, like TIVO). Had myself a bit of a "Criminal Minds-a-thon"...which makes for odd dreams later, I must say. Dinner was said oven baked 'fried' chicken...I dusted two chicken breasts with flour, dipped in egg and then tossed in a mixture of Panko crumbs, grated parm, Epicure Tuscany rub and S&P, then baked till golden and crispy. Having the second breast for lunch tomorrow, sliced on salad, I think. Rounded out dinner with whole wheat Rotini tossed with some Greek dressing, and a sliced red pepper.


Got up this morning after a great night's sleep (only one coughing fit at 6:15) and met up with H-woman for a nice run. We paced per km, and actually ran further than each of us has for a while. Just over 4k...but we both realized that Melissa's is fast approaching, and that it's almost 6 times as long as today's run! Need to step up the training. Speaking of, my triceps actually feel all right today...they twinge when I really accentuate them, but way better than I expected to feel. And I've also noticed that I really have to push myself to reach 80% heart-rate range for cardio. Guess all the Boot Camping is showing internal benefits as well! Finished the run in good time (31:37 - we'll break the 30 minute 5k in no time) and did some stretching before heading home to jump in the shower.

Met up with H., H's Mom, nephew and S. for an awesome East Indian buffet at Moti Mahal. Why have I never eaten there before?!? Guess I just didn't know the right people (ones who would eat East Indian food)...I have been denied all these years. I mean, I live a 15-minute walk away from there...I will definitely be going back for more! I did indulge in two helpings of vegetable samosas, pakora, basmati rice and butter chicken (OMG it was gooooooooooood!!), a lamb curry, an awesome spicy chick pea curry, some lentil dahl, fresh naan and to alleviate any guilt what-so-ever, a bowl of mixed fresh melon. I did run in the morning, I did walk to and from the restaurant and I came home and cut my grass (it may be a small yard, but it's all manual, baby! No gas or electricity for this girl!) and then trimmed back some trees and pulled weeds from along side the building. All in all, I worked in the yard for about 2 hours.

Came in, inhaled a litre of water, and then had a brief, accidental snooze on the couch! Started to think about dinner, but wasn't really hungry, so I mixed up some light sour cream and low fat mayo with Epicure Roasted Red Pepper dip and some crumbled feta, and dipped a torn up whole wheat tortilla in it. Still not really hungry, so I'll probably have a glass of milk to tide me through the night.

It's the final night of Stampede so the fireworks may keep me awake - they seem to set off everything they've got left on the last night. May even be worth it to head out to the main street and watch some, but then again, that's not till nearly midnight and it's a school night. No...5:30am comes way too early...but I am taking a few days off next week, so I have a 5-day weekend coming up. Hope to spend at least one of the days in the mountains, doing some serious hiking.

That's about it for me...hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Blog Archive