MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm melting...

It is freaking hot in Calgary right now. Think it hit 31 C (or 88 F) but that didn't stop me from going for a run at lunch (did walk a couple of times, as it was smoking hot) and then Boot Camp after work. I'm already feeling my butt and I haven't even attempted this week's Wednesday Workout yet! That's because Trainer Josh thought it would be "fun" to sprint up this hill...
The key to the good times was you had to sprint up as far as you could go in 25 seconds! Did I mention it was killer, smoking hot outside?!?! Then back down to the bottom, have a much needed drink of water and repeat...I did make it further the second time, but the third time was a few feet shy...of smacking Josh in the head for making us run up hills!!! Like I said, my butt is already feeling the affects, so I can't wait for tomorrow when I can't sit down! After our sprints (Josh really wasn't trying to kill us all, and quickly took us back to the shade), we made our way over to the park and the jungle gym for some good old chin-ups! Because of my shoulder problems, mine was slightly modified (laying on my back and pulling myself up to a cross bar, rather than lifting my whole body) but still felt them all. I really pushed myself and managed to do 3 sets of 10 each. They may not have been pretty, but I did 'em! Then we swapped out with the rest of the group, and did a count-down of sorts. Start at 10 incline push-ups, run across the park, do 9 incline push-ups and back and forth until you hit 1. That took us to about the halfway mark of the class!
Back to our mats in the shady trees, where we did many, many, many killer bicep curls (I will not be able to move my arms tomorrow either!) and then finished it off with some good old core work.
Came home and decided I wanted something quick but healthy, so I opted for some pan-fried polenta (in a bit of evoo), eggplant "Parmesan" (I grilled some eggplant on the griddler, topped it with a mixture of panko crumbs and shredded parm and then heated it through with some low sodium mushroom tomato sauce - yes, it was from a jar, but it was organic and quite nice!) and a bit of salad. I would have taken a picture, but I was famished by this point...don't even think I took the time to chew!!
Heading to bed very soon...I really don't like the heat at all, and only managed about 4 hours of sleep last night. I've got the fan running in the bedroom, and I'll take some sleep-aid pain killers (Advil, from the States - haven't found it in Canada yet) and hopefully manage a full night's sleep tonight. It's supposed to stay hot through the weekend, so I need to rest up now! That and I want to be able to run again tomorrow and make it to Boot Camp in the afternoon. Have I mentioned that I'm addicted?!?! But when I look down, I don't see belly anymore...and I don't hear all that clapping when I run either! It's all good!!
Have a great rest of the week, wherever you are.

No comments:

Blog Archive