MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Topsy-Turvy World

It was very strange last night, to not see everyone that I usually run with and to be home by 8pm, since no one went for beer. Tonight was a different story, as we all went out to celebrate a couple of birthdays, and to say good-bye to one of the best race coordinators in the biz...I don't think the racing community realizes the impact of J. leaving just yet...the first few races will be interesting.

We all met up a newer bar/restaurant called the District. Luckily for me, it's walking distance, a mere 4 blocks from home. And luckily for me, I didn't really like it. Rule #1, if you don't have Guinness, don't try to sell your home brew that "tastes just like it"...no, it doesn't. There's a reason why Guinness has been around for over 200 years, and why you are the 3rd or 4th micro-brewery to move into this space in the last 5 years!!! Their menu was also rather offbeat, as there was a huge board just for burgers (a friend had the Bison..."interesting" was the word he used), another for oysters, yet another for poutine, yet another for 'regular' food. Then there was the appie of bacon and maple syrup. Seriously...it was a bucket of bacon, with maple syrup to dip it in. While I love the salty sweet combo, I did not partake. My bacon topped poutine was enough to send my heart back into convulsions of Montreal memories. I will need to eat nothing of green things tomorrow to offset.

I know I've had way too much salt though, as I couldn't have a Guinness, so I went for a Caesar instead. I love those things, but they go down way too fast and way too smooth. I stopped at two and made sure I drank lots of water! I'll most likely be up all night, but price we pay, right?

No work out for me today, which is fine after last night's second hard run of the week. And I had an appointment at Mom's this afternoon, which went really well...quite a positive outcome, which is what I hoped for. Mom and I then went for a little drive to pick up a couple of things, dropped her off and came home (first time since I left the house at 6am) only to turn around and go back out. I am so ready for bed, except Caesars and poutine are fighting for domination in my stomach right now, and I think I'm going to be the big loser in this wee battle!

Only 10 more sleeps!

Later,

No comments: