MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mountain Retreat, day 2

I woke up without an alarm, and without a furry face sticking his cold nose into my eye, wondering if I was up yet.
Granted, I did miss that part, but waking up nice and slow when I wanted to was glorious.
After a pot of coffee for breakfast and leftover pizza (nothing better), I decided to go for a walk while I waited for H-woman to show up. I didn't get all gussied up, just heading out with my birkenstocks and the camera.
First place was a wander down the road to check out the new Bistro (a tad disappointing...don't advertise yourself as a food store unless you have cool food to sell!), before crossing over the road to get to the top of this grassy knoll overlooking Highway 1.
Birkenstocks + barefoot + grassy hill dotted with tons of elk droppings = difficult walk! A glance back at how far I had come. I turned back when I saw a "pile" that most definitely did not belong to an elk, but a larger, fur-bearing creature! While I told myself "large dog", I hoofed it back to the road in a hurry!!! How does one tell they are in bear country?? They look for the piles of poop with bells in 'em. Sorry...bad mountain joke!

Went the other way past the condo, and onto the pathway system. This route connects Three Sisters and all the outlying communities with the town of Canmore and is phenomenal.

Loads of beautiful scenery to walk by.
Canmore was a mining town before people realized they could sell their land/homes for millions of dollars!! Apparently the sport/acting elite from the States love Canmore because it's not as build up as areas to the south.
The only wildlife that would sit still long enough for me to take a shot. No elk on the walk, although did see some later when driving into town with H-woman. And the cheekiest of chipmunks, but he wouldn't stop long enough, just enough to chatter at me for interrupting him!
The mighty Bow River, which flows east into and through Calgary. Still considered one of the top 10 fly-fishing rivers in the world.
Wandered back to the condo, where I had lunch (the rest of the pizza) and waited for H. Who, it turns out was shopping, so she didn't get there till almost 4. Which is fine, except I was at risk of falling asleep on the couch!
We trucked into town to pick up what H. needed for the curry feast she was making us Saturday night, post Melissa's, and then back where I made our pre-run fuel-up meal of Mediterranean Tuna Toss. That's what I call it. Sorry, still hadn't quite figured out the lighting and indoor shots, so they suck.
In a frying pan, heat evoo and saute garlic, sliced onions, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives sliced up, capers, and sun-dried tomatoes. I usually add spinach as well, but forgot it Friday. Once the veggies are soft, add a can or two of tuna, some red wine, fresh basil and parsley. Heat through. Top with feta and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy over whole wheat pasta of your choosing. Enjoy with said wine. Only one glass though, since the race was in the morning.
After going and rescuing M. from downtown Canmore (she misread the directions), we all settled down for an early night. Only a few hours till Melissa's!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive