MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Run

Even though I would have loved staying in bed today, and enjoy a true lazy Sunday, the training beckoned...so after crawling out a little later than normal, and puttering around eating breakfast (whole grain toast, PB, mashed banana, yogurt, oatmeal, a peach and some low fat latte), I finally made it to the path system at 11. The goal today - 16km, in better time/shape than last week. Day started cool (-10) but had no wind, and by the time I passed the CBC building on Memorial Dr, it was already up to -2. Paths were clean and dry, except for the odd patch of ice from yesterday's melt, which was good. My left foot did cause some initial grief but after the 1st km, it fell into line - could be that dang 'traveling tendonitis (sp??)' my doctor keeps referring to. Anyway, managed to crank out all 16, sticking to a fairly consistent 10:1 schedule (missed the beep of the watch a couple of times but got back into the run right away). Amazing how the weather changes everyone's mood as well, as everyone out there today was friendly and smiling and waving and saying good morning... Finished the full loop (Eau Claire to the tip of Shouldice Park and back) in 2:20, which is 11 minutes faster than last week. Yay! And I feel much better this week as well.

Even though I look like I had been dragged through a wringer, I decided to do the Farmer's market and grocery store visits right after the run, as my couch beckons me even as I type this! So I now have a fridge full of fresh veggies, a very lean pork leg burbling away in a home-made BBQ sauce in the crockpot, fixings for baked beans as a side for dinner, and even a treat for me - fresh home-made pita with artichoke spinach dip. I also had some left over pasta from last night, so just added some kalamata olives, feta and dressing, and now it's a Greek pasta salad for my late lunch.

Happy Sunday, everyone...hope everyone's week went well, and we're all looking forward to the ground hog's appearance tomorrow...but I forget...do we want him to see his shadow?!

2 comments:

Espressomama said...

Great job on the run! I'm jealous, since my long runs would be maybe 8-10k. 16k is just a dream right now.

Carol said...

Every run starts with that first step, regardless of how far you go. Good for you for getting out there.
My mantra right now is "left, right, repeat".
:)