MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Friday

My week was so stressed at work, I decided last minute that I needed a day off! So here it is, I took today. Got to sleep in a little, and now I'm lounging in my jammies, sipping a latte (more espresso than milk, just the way I like it) and deciding what I should next. I am going to help H. move some furniture and then do some running around with Mom later this afternoon. And I potentially have a date tonight (yes...with a man, so pick yourself up off the floor and continue reading!), although I haven't heard details yet, so guess it's still up in the air.

I was proud of myself this week...I was very close to cracking and inhaling every chip and other salty, deep-fried, sugar-coated, dipped in chocolate badness I could get my hands on, but instead I greeted my emotions rather than eating them, and went for a brief walk. Between a coworker taking days off (when they are so far behind in their own job) and then calling in sick, computers not working and fighting with the desktop/network people all week about the cause, reports needed having to be reworked 4 times just to get the data right and looming deadlines, I'm amazed I didn't knock off a candy store!!! But my resolve held out and as a result I kicked another 1.8 lbs to the curb this week (I am no longer saying I lost, because that implies that I can find it again!) at weight watchers. And I have a very good run yesterday (fueled by stress, no doubt!) that saw my average pace increase by a good 1/2 minute per km.

Interesting article on the news this week, about how some doctors in Canada (an Alberta doctor is spearheading) are calling on the Federal government to regulate diet programs. Their concern are these fad and 'rapid weight loss' programs out there that promise excess weight loss with little or no effort on the patient's side. Reading the comments was also entertaining - found it on http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090217/CGY_Diet_Regulation_090217/20090217?hub=CalgaryHome.

Well, I should go make some breakfast (usual oatmeal, milk, craisons and almond slices) and jump in the shower to head out on my day.

Have a great one, everyone.

No comments: