MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Exercise comes where you least expect it

After my meltdown on Sunday, I called the nice people at Garmin yesterday, and all is well once again. Feel rather silly, but it turns out that Forerunner 405's can "time out" when they have been over-charged (one would think they could have mentioned this on the website). Combined with all my attempts to reset it on the weekend, and all my baby needed was to be plugged back in to charge from scratch. Worked like a charm today, although I did not get in my full 6k run. I had a breakfast of egg, ham, cheese, lettuce & tomato on an english muffin, with some baked hash browns (our deli at work doesn't have a deep fryer, so everything has to be baked or roasted - unintentionally healthy!) which sat like a lump in my gut when I was trying to run. I made it the first km, fought the urge to hurl, and walked the remainder of the way. Didn't help (but it did...my butt anyway!) that it also snowed this morning, so the icy patches on the pathways now have a nice layer of snow on them. Worked on my balance, and maintained a good walking race pace.

Got back to work, and after a lunch of Meditterrean chicken soup (orzo, chicken, tomatoes, peppers and celery in a light broth) and yogurt with peaches and blueberries, was ready to spend the rest of the afternoon playing with my various spreadsheets. However, a generator on our roof had different plans in mind, as we finally got the evacuation order after 20 minutes of sirens and "there is an emergency in the building" being blared over the loudspeakers! Down 7 flights of stairs to the street below to wait it out - After about 20 minutes watching cute fire-boys do their thing, we got the all clear to re-enter the building. However, the elevators hadn't been turned back on yet (concerns about the generator, maybe?), so nice hike UP 7 flights of stairs! I figure that was my punishment for not doing the full 6k loop at lunch! I promise...2k and 4 hills tomorrow...really...just don't make me listen to the fire alarms again!!!

Fading fast, so must get to my chores for the night, so I can go to bed in peace.

No comments: