MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Where did the day go?

First off, due to the icy, snowy conditions yesterday, I did not run 23k. I did a short walk in the morning with the coffee ladies (3.3??) and then ran 8k in the afternoon, with my friend MF, who paced me on his bike. He almost wiped out more often than I did - there were some very slippery spots. I was feeling sorry for the Hypothermic Half runners scheduled for their race today, but the humidity dropped, so no more snow or ice over night, and it turned into a glorious day. I was also able to pick up my volunteer package yesterday (helps with the Running Room crew remembers you), so I could sleep in today, rather than having to be up and down at the start line at 8:30. Instead I was stationed at a checkpoint, probably at about the 10-10.5k mark, watching for traffic (big stop sign in hand) and wayward runners (point them in the right direction). Not sure how many runners / walkers there were (it was capped and sold out, hence volunteering instead of running), but the first guy raced past me at 10:39 (the race started at 10!), and the first lady about 3 minutes after him. And let's hear it for the sisters, shall we?!?! She ended up passing him, and won the race, with a time of less than 1:28!!!!!!! Holy mother, that's travelling fast!!!

I must remember the next run I'm on to be very appreciative and vocal to the course marshalls. I was overwhelmed by the number of 'thank-yous' and high 5's for me, rather than for themselves. What else did I have to do on a Sunday morning?? And I got brunch out of it. Sat with a group I know (MF from yesterday, posting a time of 2:05 - none too shabby!), and after filling my belly with the best bacon ever (of course, when you never eat it anymore, it all tastes sooooo good!) and wicked good muffins, I headed off to the Farmer's market to get some fruit and veggies (and pita from the Greek ladies), came home, swept and cleaned up my sidewalks, and now I think a nap is in order!

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: