MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Afternoon

It's amazing how one thing can completely ruin your day! I was scheduled for a 19km run today, knowing H. had to work (and still doesn't want to run 19km with me!), so I figured I'd be running alone later. We did meet up at 9, went for coffee, and then went to the farmer's market to stock up on more fresh veggies and fruit, and where I picked up a lamb leg for a greek stew I had in mind for supper. Dropped H. off, came home, got the lamb in the slow cooker with garlic, shallots, a myriad of greek spices and evoo, changed and grabbed my Garmin, ready to hit the pathways. Hmmm...this is odd...my Garmin appears to be stuck. It says 100% charged, and that it's still 8:05 am...this can't be good. Pop onto the Garmin website for guidance, and the closest thing I could find was a way to reset said device. Okay...that's easy, I'm good at following directions...done. Except now I have a TOTALLY DEAD AND USELESS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT ON MY HANDS!!! Sigh...PO'd to the extreme, I dig out my receipt (said dead device is only 4 months old) and walked down to the shop where I got it. Which sadly brings to light yet another question...where have all the smart and helpful people gone?!?! Dude at the Running Room looks at my Garmin and says "oh, it shouldn't be doing this"...yeah, d-uh!, and then proceeds to tell me that there's nothing he can do and I'll have to deal with Garmin directly. Who's "Customer Service" lines, by the way, are only open Monday to Friday...I mean really, what idiot would be using a running training device on the weekends while they run, and could therefore experience a problem or two?!?! To further rub salt in my already open wound, dude admits he knows nothing about Garmins but the guy that is a real expert...well, he's not in right now but he was in earlier. Helpful...thank you...not quite sure what to do that piece of information...

Walked back the far loop, to hit up the grocery store for some milk and yogurt, and came home to pout. I know I could have still gone for a run, but now I didn't want to...I'm totally ticked that I am, at present, holding onto a $300 piece of crap, and that I'll most likely be training without it for the next 2-3 months, as I will probably have to mail said p.o.c. back to Kansas for repairs!! Have I mentioned that I am mad?!?

Up ever so slightly this week, but that's fine...last Thursday's dinner at the Keg cost me 55 points (and it was worth every single one of them), so I'm not complaining about a .2 gain over last weeks number. At least I know my routes and distances for the weekday runs, and I've mapped out a rough route for the 23km I'm scheduled for next week. Which I will do on Saturday, as Sunday I've volunteered to be a course marshall for the Hypothermic Half.

Lamb is done, and now to cook some Orzo and whip up a salad...I may look pasty-pale and Irish on the outside, but I am Mediterranean through and through!

Hope everyone had a great day.

No comments: