MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Whatever happened to lazy Sundays?

I don't know...I think when I said those infamous words "I want to run a marathon", I successfully removed all chances of me having a lazy Sunday for a very, very, very long time! Got up this morning (a little later than normal, but still too early for a Sunday), and after some breakfast of yogurt, oatmeal, All Bran, mixed fruit and a half a latte, I headed out for a 26k run. This will officially be the longest I've run, ever, and I was doing it alone. So I headed down to Eau Claire with a plan and headed out. East to Langevin (Edmonton Trail), and then across the river, and then west young lady, head west...past where I was stationed last week at the Hypothermic Half, turning around at the old Bowness bridge...on the way back, my breakfast was totally gone, and the gel I had was pretty ineffective...I did a great 10:1's all the way out to the 13k mark, but the way back was slower and most walking. Weighing down on me was the fact I also said I was going to bake the cake for tonight's birthday dinner (mine yesterday, my mom's (today), my nephew's (next Friday), and my brother's (mid March))...so I didn't do the full loop back, finishing at 22.5 km. Came home, soaking wet (they said it was -12, so I dressed for it!...they lied!!!), changed, baked a chocolate Guinness cake, jumped in the shower, got the cake and icing stuff ready to roll, changed again, packed up and headed to Mom & Dad's. Ordered Chinese (a long standing tradition, and there goes my deep fried goodness rule!), watched my brother and father fight before running to hide in the bathroom, wishing I drank more, before everyone settled down, and we had a lovely evening. Cleaned up the mess, and then drove my nephew and his girlfriend home, and just got in myself. Now I'm going to enjoy my lazy Sunday and settle down to watch the Amazing Race.

Hope everyone has a good week.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! Busy day... great job on the run/walk!