MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Middle of the week...

I love Chinooks!! Sorry everyone else in Canada, but it was a glorious +9 when I started my run at lunch, and I think it hit as high as +13 by the end! I came to a realization today that not all things written are truth though - with the aid of my Garmin, I discovered that the 8km route noted on the maps issued by the Y and the Running Room is off. They both say the loop is Eau Claire to Crowchild, cross the river, run back to Prince's Island, cross again and finish at Eau Claire for 8km. What it really is is 7.56 km...I hate being short. So today I ran the loop, adding a further bridge on the far east end of the island, but that only got me to 7.92 - dang it!! I am a tad OCD about these things, so tomorrow I will just run out the end...meaning once I get to my normal spot, I'll just have to run out that 440 meters till the Garmin says 8. I hate being off...however, adding the 300+ meters today only added about a minute onto my time, and I actually passed people...who were running! That hasn't happened in a long time.

Dinner was fast and simple tonight, as I was heading over to help H. decorate her new place (don't let me in your home with a drill - it wasn't pretty!), so I cooked up some chicken shitake tortillini (fresh made at the farmer's market), and made a sauce of light cream cheese melted with some 1% milk, and the new Garlic potato topper from Epicure. It was quite perfect. Did just realize as I was typing this that I should up the veggie intake, so I'll munch on some carrots while I get ready for bed.

Till tomorrow, remember...left, right, repeat.

1 comment:

H-woman said...

It was a valiant effort, though! Thanks!!

Gram and I are hemming living room and kitchen curtains as I type.

h-woman =)