MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just a quick note tonight

After getting up at 5 (you all know how I feel about mornings!), I was at work at 6:20 am. I thought it would a be a productive way to spend my day, fighting with IT, Desktop, Finance Admin and assorted other departments and computer programs before finally getting the tax forms I've been trying to work on since February 9th working at 1 pm TODAY!!!!!! Nothing like being prepared! But I am happy to say the forms are processing and I may still meet my deadline of February 28th (these aren't T4's, so they don't have to be out, but they're still tax forms, and are important to the people getting them). Depends what other bits of work my boss has in mind for me this week.

Had an interesting talk with my hair dresser regarding yet another "miracle" diet - wait, not a diet but a system of re-programming your metabolism by injecting yourself with some freaky hormone thing (I'm a woman...I have more than my fair share of hormones!) and then restricting yourself to 500 calories a day for 3 weeks (and $1100)...but you'll never get fat again! What ever! People are desperate and gullible...He's bragging that he lost 10 pounds in 10 days - well, d-uh!! 500 calories a day... And yet another person going on about not using body lotion, because "you absorb it and gain weight"...is everyone in the world suddenly on crack?! So here's my experiment...I'm going to start using body butter/lotion and see how much I gain in the next 7 days! I shake my head...

I'm off to bed - got another long day ahead of me tomorrow. But Melissa's opens in the morning, so fingers crossed that H and I get in to run it again this year.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL! Lotion... People are so funny.