MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tapering

This is just weird...to be up, run, eat breakfast, have coffee and back home, all before noon!! I almost don't know what to do with myself, although my bed is screaming "nap!"...I may yet succumb.
Yesterday was a good day. After I walked to the grocery store, I marinated some chicken breasts in Epicure's new Montreal Chicken Spice blend (Holy YUMMO!!), and then off for the new do. I must say, I look fabulous!! We settled on a more ashy colour of blond - the first was too yellow (after major stripping of colour with tons o' bleach) and the second attempt too white. Wissam (my hair guru) hired a "Chemical Technician" who's job is just to colour. Mario is a delightfully funny French gay man, and he kept me in stitches all afternoon while he concocted his magic formulas!
After the hair appointment (which went a little long at 2.5 hours - can't rush a masterpiece), J. picked me up and we headed up north to Carefree Resort where his sister T. lives. J. and I yakked the entire way up, as we had a lot to catch up on, and it was an hour plus drive. Once there, we caught up with T., toured the new digs (Carefree is a trailer resort park, where you buy a lot and put everything from an old mobile home to fancy new motorhomes on it - T. used to have this very old 70's trailer on there, and now upgraded to something with actual bedrooms and such) and then enjoyed a BBQ. Sadly it was a little too cold for an outdoor fire, and they are still trying to get everything organized and settled with the new trailer. T. had already baked up potatoes and made a green salad with cucumber, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. J. and I had the chicken, while T. and her man M. had two of the largest steaks I have ever seen in my life! Granted, T. shared hers with her two kids but M. polished off his, T's leftovers, extra potatoes, and the kid's leftovers. Must have a hollow leg, because he's not a big guy!!
Then it was time for birthday cake, as T's youngest will be 3 on Tuesday. Was reminded yet again why I don't have children, as they were both tired (didn't sleep Friday, I guess) and cranky and then add sugar and strangers to the mix, and they were just out of control sobbing by the end of the evening!! Cats are better, trust me! Finished our beer (J. did not) and then hit the highway for the drive home. It is summer in Western Canada, so the sun was still out at 10pm when we left, but it was dark by the time we reached Calgary. Amazing how big the city has become, as you can see the twinkling lights on the horizon from at least 50km away! got home just after 11:30, and had to wind down (the 3 cans of Guinness did help) before I went to bed.
Woke up this morning at 7:30 with the alarm, but wished it was wrong! Got up anyway, ate a quick breakfast of Kashi squares with a banana and some UVAB before heading out for the run. It just seems to wrong to only run 6km, after weeks of 20's and 30's! We did the short zoo loop, which is a nice run, and took us past the starting point of next Sunday's marathon. Ended up doing 6.14km in 49:41, and stuck to our 10:1's, as it was an LSD run. Pace was a very decent 8:06/km. After we all got back to the Running Room, we appeared confused...this is too soon. Too early...why isn't anything open yet??? It just seemed WRONG! We decided on breakfast at Grandma's. It's this great little place in the mall that makes wicked good breakfast wraps (an egg, bacon, cheese, green peppers and sauce (I think mayo) in a wrap) and the best.fruit.salad.in.the.world. Their small bowl in overflowing with the freshest cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes, strawberries, honeydew and Asian apple pear. It is just so good! Topped off with a big cup o' Joe, and I'm now a happy girl.
Oh...kitties and bed are calling my name! Must.fight.temptation! Have to head to Walmart and pick up a few things for Dad, before our Sunday afternoon visit. And I have to decide what to have for supper tonight, although I do have one more chicken breast marinating in the fridge from yesterday. I'll decide that later, although I have been seriously craving some good, greasy Chinese lately. Not sure why that is, but it may end up being my post-marathon treat next week.
I'll finish this post with a picture of my cutie-patootie girl Coco, as she used my trail mix bag as a pillow the other day. Goofy girl with her tongue hanging out! Don't you just want to kiss that face!?!
Hope everyone who ran/is still running Bluenose had a great race! Awesome job to you all for JUST DOING IT!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive