MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Only 212 shopping days left

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas out there, as there are the biggest, fattest snowflakes falling right now in Calgary. Yes, we understand it is May 27th and technically spring...this is just how Calgary does spring. As long as it's gone by Sunday, that's all I ask, and so far (fingers crossed) it looks to stop tomorrow or Saturday. I don't mind that it'll still be cool out, as I tend to overheat running anyway, but dry would be best.
It was so odd not to do anything today, except walk to & from work. However, I was so tired (okay, I "may" have been awake past midnight again last night...stupid TV) that I did indulge in a little nap when I got home.
And what fun that was! It was POURING rain when I walked home. I hate umbrellas (odd, I know) so I just had a pull up hat on my raincoat, but my shoes (wore the birks) and pants were soaked through. The pants are hanging in the bathroom and the birks are in the hall. Good thing they were an older pair, because this may have pushed them over the edge of "wearable"...leather and cork and water are not good friends!
After my wee nap, I sorted and delivered the last Epicure party I had. The hostess lives in the far north end of the city, but it took longer to drive the 6 blocks through downtown than it did to drive the 70 blocks to her house!! I freaking hate traffic, and I don't care if I'm wet and cold, I will walk in a hurricane over driving or public transit. Grrrrr....
Came home and whipped up a quick dinner of brown rice with Epicure 3-onion dip mixed in. All I did was dump in about a tablespoon of the dip mix into my water and rice and boiled till done. Needed a bit of salt, but very tasty. I can't wait to try another blend next time. I also baked up some really nice fish (as in fish 'n chips fish)...this is battered, but it's really nice cod, big pieces and actually flakes like fish, not like some over processed fish mash that you usually end up with. Lunch was a chicken and artichoke salad with a bit of my leftover pasta from last night. Breakfast was oatmeal in Greek yogurt with crushed pineapple, coconut and pumpkin seeds. Speaking of coconut, I just remembered that I still have some of the lighter Liberte coconut crack yogurt in the fridge...mmmmmmmm...I think I'll have that with the oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow. I'm trying to focus on good proteins, good carbs and lots of sleep between now and Sunday morning.
Okay, tonight I am really going to bed now. The TV is off - yes.it.is! And the computer will be as soon as I hit "publish post" here.
Only 3 more sleeps!!!!!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive