MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pleasant surprise

After the week(s) I've had, and the lack of consistency and good food choices, I left for WW fully expecting another gain. After all, my scale had me up a pound from last Saturday. However, once I got there, I obviously sweat off a few ounces!! I was actually down this week. 0.4 - doesn't seem like much, but right now I'll take anything! That helped boost me up a bit. Funny thing, the digital devils are...last week, my scale showed me down a pound, and I gained 1.2 at WW...this week, I was up a pound at home and lost at WW. I'm confused!
After the meeting, which was about breakfast, which in itself is ironic, because none of us eat before meeting and were all sitting there, starving, I'm sure, I went straight for Starbuck's and got my usual 5-shot, non-fat latte and (last minute) the classic sausage and egg muffin. Right now I don't care how many points...I was hungry and all the breakfast talk made it worse. After that, I stopped into Community Foods and picked up some steel cut oats (want to try them), more Greek yogurt, a lower fat version of the coconut-crack yogurt (still Liberte), some bananas, UVAB and Kashi squares. Wow...all that talk about breakfast must have sunk in!
Stopped into the Chuckles costume store beside, to look for pirate boots. However, I was not prepared to spend $40 for something I'll likely only use once (and only one, because I'm making one leg look like wooden) but I did find a parrot for my shoulder. Granted, this one drops a few f-bombs, but we'll try not to let him squawk around children! Freaked the kitties out though...I'm an evil mommy!!
Off to Safeway to pick up some chicken for tonight. I'm heading north to the lake with a friend, and he said to bring meat. Okay, so I will! Then haircut at 1 and off we go. Full day.
Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday...so far, no snow in Calgary, but it is a mite brisk out there (only 3C or 38F). The sun is shining though, so hope that means an attempt at a warm-up.

Side note: decided to start taking Omega supplements, to help with my cholesterol...you'll want to make sure you get a brand that doesn't have you burping fish for hours...just saying. And I like fish...just not with my morning latte!!!

Later,

1 comment:

H-woman said...

OMIGOD, I've gotta see this parrot!

Blog Archive