MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Food Coma

Not going to say much, mainly because I am slowing slipping into one serious food coma after what will be arguably be THE.BEST.MEAL.I.HAVE.EVER.EATEN! EVER!!! I was a total "Food Network/Blogger" Geek and have photos and took notes, but I find the notebook and blog formatting do not get along, so I'll save that for a post when I get home to my big old desktop. However, I will say, and I mean this...if you are ever in Montreal, even just for one day, make sure you make reservations at Garde Manger, and indulge in the Lobster Poutine. Oh, and the Duck, if they're serving it that day. Definitely the duck...and the poutine...and the wine...and the white cake with maple and ice cream. But most surely the poutine...and the duck. Oh, I could go on like this forever. Suffice to say it was all FREAKING AMAZING!!!! Huge shout out to Zoe and James, who kept me entertained and filled me in on all the dirt of the restaurant business. Chuck has surrounded himself with the most outstanding group of people, and you can tell they all have each other's back. Sadly, Chuck himself was out of town, but I did get to go back to the kitchen and meet "the boys". They can all cook for me anytime. Side note: If you are trying to impress someone with all you know about wine because "you are in the industry", try spitting out the piece of gum you are chawing on BEFORE you slug back that taste. Oh, and the rest of us sniff and sip...shooting wine is...well, it just shouldn't happen. Ever. 'Nuf said. All right...I'm all packed, clothes are laid out and I am ready to fly out of here first thing. Going to finish the last of the wine I had on hand, and then it's lights out and sweet dreams of chunks of lobster floating among cheese curds and fries, all smothered in gravy. Yum,

No comments:

Blog Archive