MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday confessions

Yes, I gained weight this week. A total of 2.8 pounds, to be exact. And I make no excuses...I ate and I didn't work out...do the math.
Good thing Christmas isn't the feeding frenzy that most people speak of. My family is small...in fact, Christmas dinner will most likely be myself, my mother and my father. My nephew may show up (especially if he thinks there's cash involved, but then again he confessed that he may have made my parent great-grandparents again, and he's a bit ashamed of that! It's be schweet if one of them were to try getting married first! But I digress...), and my brother and his wife may just be a drive-by, as my brother finds he has difficulty breathing with the cats. So three for dinner...and further turns out that no one really likes turkey anymore. Since no one sells two-pound turkeys (dad prefers the dark meat, so just a breast won't do), I'll make a Prime Rib. That won't be too dangerous of a meal, I think. Mom hasn't been baking up a storm (damn Alzheimer's!), and I've only done one batch of biscotti for our auction, and it's all gone already. Easy-peasy! The key will be incorporating some good old sweating back into my daily routine.
I did 'win' one of the boot camp gift certificates from our auction, so that will definitely start in January. And no helping anyone out making a corporate group, only to get shunned and not be able to work out! Outside all the way, baby! Helps motivate for push-ups, if you don't want snow in your nose!!!
After meeting this morning (our leader's sub is so not worth waking up early for!!), I had a coffee at the local mall, waiting for everything to open. What an odd place at 8am...there's the groups of mall walkers, passing by every 10 minutes or so. Then the skinniest, most anemic, anorexic group of mall workers (even the boy!!) I've ever seen. Not sure what clothing store they all worked for, but I pretty determined I need not bother going in...I'm pretty certain nothing they have would fit me!!! More people arrived, some people left, and it's not even 9am yet. Finally, the lights come on (like last call, only in reverse!) and the doors swing open. I then high-tailed it for the store I came for, which was actually outside the mall, across the parking lot. Didn't find what I wanted, although I managed to come out toting two bags! Odd how that happens...then I went back into the mall (big breath in) and found what I came for right away. Christmas shopping done.
Came home, had a little tomato, artichoke omelet for lunch, walked down 4th Street to pick up a bottle of wine that I really like (yikes...most I've ever paid for a bottle of wine!), and one final gift certificate for the kids down the hall, as they look after my furbabies when I go away. Had a glorious two+ hour nap (man, I miss those), and am now having some dinner (pasta in a delightful cheese sauce - okay, it's KD) and then I'm going to be brave and go to a friend's place for some Christmas cheer. See, I have to be brave, because I always do to these things alone (sucky part of being a single person) and I don't know if any of our other friends are going or not. I could potentially be walking into a room filled with strangers, and I'm never comfortable with that - side effect of not having a wall of fat to hide behind anymore, I guess. Who knows...maybe Mr. Right will be there tonight, and he'll actually be single and looking! Hope springs eternal!!!
Have a good night, where ever you are.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive