MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Less than 8 hours to go

2010 is almost here! For some of us in blogger land, it's already arrived. Happy New Year's to you!
The broth is brewing for my fondue...the shrimp, salmon, squid tubes, scallops and lobster tail (O.M.G, I can't wait!!) are chilling. The brown mushrooms are awaiting the escargot in garlic butter sauce, and the crusty bread just has to pop in the oven for a few minutes to get toasty warm. I have chocolate, whipping cream, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, mandarins and angel food cake for dipping. And lastly, the bottle of Lindeman's Bin 555 Shiraz is ready to crack open, the minute I get home...from my 3.5km run.
Yes, despite the constant snow all day, and the current temperature of -21C (-6F) with a -30C (-22F) windchill, I am heading out shortly to run the Resolution Run here in Calgary. It's only (I hate saying that, yet I always do...) 3.5km, so I hope to be done in under 30 minutes. Of course, keep in mind that the last time I ran any sort of distance was Melissa's 22km in September!!! Uh-oh!!! What ever...it's not timed and it's the perfect way to wind down one year and start another. I think this will be my fourth or fifth year of running this on New Year's Eve.
I hope to have some pictures to post later, and will definitely post some photos of my dinner.
Decided to spend New Years with all my friends...too bad they all left town or have small children and don't do New Year's any more! LOL!! So, me and the furbabies with plug in some DVD's (now that I've figured out how to use my fancy-schmancy TV/DVD/PVR unit correctly!), eat a lot (A LOT!!) of good food and drink to my heart's content, without worrying about that whole driving thing.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive