MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas...T-4 hours and counting

Blatantly stealing this from H-woman, who borrowed it from someone else, but I like it too!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I'd have to go with hot chocolate, because egg nog is revolting!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? Santa uses green tissue paper...always.
3. Coloured lights on tree/house, or white? I love the white-blue and dark blue lights against the snow. So is that colour or white?
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Why...will THAT make a man come to my house?!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Ummmm...usually the first week of December, but I've been very, very, very lazy this year. I did put the cards out though...
6. What is your favourite holiday dish? Stuffing. It's all about the stuffing. And Mom's whipped shortbread.
7. Favourite holiday memory as a child? The one and only time I snuck a peak at the presents - Mom somehow figured out, and switched EVERYTHING!! I never did it again...ever! That woman is scary smart.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What are you people talking about???
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we were young, we got to open one...which, oddly enough, was usually a new pair of jammies. Go figure!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? When I put one up, I try something new each year...all white, all gold, all red, etc.
11. Snow - love it or dread it? I do love a white Christmas, but am getting weary of shovelling it!
12. Can you ice skate? Nope...fell down, a lot! Mom tried everything to teach me...still fell down. Tried roller skates...still fell down. Heck, I just fell off the chair, typing about skating!
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? Wow...that's hard, but there was a music box my uncle gave me that had a fancy french lady on it, playing a piano, and it played Greensleeves, I think. Had that forever...it may even still be in my memories box in the closet or in my 'hopeless' chest at Mom & Dad's.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with friends and family...and cookies. Seriously good cookies this time of year!
15. What's your favourite Holiday dessert? We always seemed to dive into Mom's baking (whipped shortbread, mincemeat tarts, raspberry thimble cookies) when I was young, but then my aunt started making Christmas pudding with butter sauce for us about 10 years ago. And I wonder why I joined Weight Watchers???
16. What's your favourite holiday tradition? Sadly, the day has become a non-event in my family now, so I'd have to say the baking. And listening to GOOD Christmas Carols.
17. What tops your tree? Right now...nothing. But I have had both stars and angels up there.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I have to say giving...I get a thrill from seeing people's faces when they really like something I've just given them.
19. What is your favourite Christmas song? O Holy Night, but ONLY if it's sung by the right person (current favourite is Michael Crawford, on David Foster's Christmas Album)...I listen to it about 10 times in a row!
20. Candy Canes...yuck or yum? I can take 'em or leave 'em. But if I do take 'em, then it has to be the traditional ones, not all these new fangled flavours.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas, or what ever you celebrate at this time of year. I'm just finishing up some baking, and then I'm going to drive around and look at some lights, and pop in on some friends.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Hugs and love...spread it around!

No comments:

Blog Archive