MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, December 20, 2009

No Mr. Right...

Or Mr. Single-and-looking...but I did have a great visit with some people I haven't seen in a while. I just want to know when every other living person on the planet paired up, and where was I that day?!?!? Seriously...where are the single men?? And why don't they get invited to Christmas parties?
Got to the home of M. & T. (married) about 8pm, finding L&S (married) and J. (not married, but dating/living with P. for over 13 years now) already enjoying some wine and eggnog. I brought a bottle of my new favourite (Cedar Creek Platinum Reserve Meritage 2006) and cracked 'er open, and then got caught up on kids, friends and the like. P. finally showed up much later (he's a police detective and was working all night, catching bad guys!), as well as a couple of other people that I've met over the years through this group. We all met as a result of my former roommate, but she and her husband were busy and couldn't come. After wine and lots of water, and perhaps (I wasn't really paying attention...) some chicken wings, meatballs, nacho chips & salsa, cheese and fruit - I ate fruit! - I finally decided to call it a night after realizing it was 2am. Yikes!
Just like clockwork, George was waking me up at 5:30 for his breakfast, so I stumbled out (I really am getting too old for this!), fed them and returned to bed to sleep until about 9:45. Head hurts a bit (odd that), but I didn't have any milk for a latte, so I'm having to make a go with some fake coffee (instant flavoured stuff with more instant regular stuff in it!) but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I'm trying to get motivated enough to get dressed and shovel the sidewalks (it's been snowing all morning again), and then head down to M&D's (yay, I'll actually get to test out the winter tires!) to see what needs to be done with the freezer (I think I can defrost it on Christmas day - nothing else to do all day long!) and get a list for Costco from them. Really Dad??? You need me to go to Costco 4 freaking days before Christmas?!?! Crap - I try to avoid the place all of December...I hope someone is taking notes about what an awesomely doormat of a daughter I am!!!
Just about ready for Christmas. One last thing to pick up for the nephew (preloaded credit card) and the fixings for Christmas dinner. Wrap some stuff, and write up some cards and that's about it.
All right...it's already 2pm, so if I'm doing anything today, I'd best get on it.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive