MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Playing in the snow

Yes, I went to Boot Camp tonight...in the dark... temp around -11 C (or 12 F) and snow on the ground. It was grand!! There were 8 of us that showed up for the 5 pm class, as Josh let his 6 pm class decide if they wanted to come early. He showed up in multiple layers with his thermos of tea! We at least get to run around and warm up...he gets cold standing there, telling us to work harder!
Started with a run...this is seriously the longest and furthest that I have run since October 2nd. It felt good, and while the ankle is a little stiff, so far so good even now. I tried out a new pair of runners that work with my orthotics, instead of against them, so we'll see how the legs react in the morning. That's always the big test! After the run to warm up, we hit the circuit - high knees, flies and overhead extensions, weighted squats, lunges (hold squat for me) and thrusters with bands. Two minutes at each station and switch. Then we switched it up a bit, changing it to step ups, seated rows and lat pull-downs, weighted squats/lunges, and push-ups. I think I will be lucky if I can get my coffee to my lips tomorrow!
Came home and whipped up a quick stir-fry of every veggie I have (feeling like I haven't been getting my fill these days), so into the wok went red & green pepper, carrots, celery, zucchini, snap peas, water chestnuts, mushrooms and broccoli. Add some Udon noodles and stir-fry sauce, and yum, yum, yum. Meanwhile, I grilled up a piece of salmon with the President's Choice Korean BBQ sauce. Double yum! Of course to get this sauce meant that I had to go to a Superstore. That's the only place that sells PC in western Canada (that I'm aware of) and I HATE shopping at Superstore. Okay, so I love walking up and down the aisles, looking at all the cool stuff (and I did come home with way more than I intended) but the reason God invented 16-year-old boys is so that they can bag my freaking groceries!!!! I hate bagging groceries...that's why I never took it up as a career. I suck at it! But I digress. Doesn't my dinner look yummy? Since I ate all the salmon, but have plenty of stir-fry left over, I'm marinating a piece of tofu in the BBQ sauce, which I'll grill up before I go to bed tonight. It'll be awesome with lunch tomorrow.

Doubtful that there will be a Boot Camp tomorrow, or even before Christmas it seems. Trainer Josh indicated that the group will most likely post-pone till the weather gets nicer. That or till I bail on them, and they can safely work out inside! Which I'll most likely be doing...I'll just check with Josh as to whether he's running his evening groups on the other nights, and drop into those. I just got back into this, and don't want to bail immediately. Not before I see some results again, that is.
Okay, must clean up the kitchen and head for bed.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive