MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back to the grind...

Ug...actually, can't complain. Think there was maybe 100 of us in the whole building (my department alone has almost a 80!), so was able to zone out everything and everyone and really get some work done. I've got almost 99% of month end done, and it's still technically 2 days away!
Walked over to the Running Room at lunch to pick up my race package for the Resolution Run on New Year's Eve. It's not a timed run, and this year they had to radically change the course (it got very cold, very fast, and as a result our river & ice "ate" part of the running path!), cutting it from 5 to 3.5km. If you want, you can run the second loop, but since I haven't really run since the end of September, I'm perfectly fine with doing 3.5. The swag for this run is sweet though! A $90 jacket for the $45 (??) sign up fee. And a bowl of soup...don't forget the bowl of soup!
While I was in the Running Room, I decided to put some of my Christmas money to good use and I signed up for the Marathon training, which starts January 14th. Okay...I can already hear some of you thinking "didn't she already run a marathon??", and the answer is yes. This time I'd like to train correctly. One guy at work even challenged me to complete my goal race (Windemere in Spokane, Washington) in sub 5:30 (which would shave an hour off my initial time) or I have to pay him one million dollars!!! Sure...that'll happen. The million dollars, I mean! Sub 5:30 - good goal to work on!!
I will also be returning to Boot Camp in January, as I need to reach goal weight this year. Every year I say this, and this past year was one of my best in recent memory, but come on already! I want to go to Weight Watchers for free!!! This is it! Twenty pounds...easy-peasy!
To inspire and aid with all of this, I have also booked my reminder to sign up for the X-weighted Challenge. While I personally think Tommy of Last 10 Pounds/Bulging Brides is way much more hotter, inspiration is inspiration, regardless of the source.
BRING IT ON!!!!!
Dinner was pretty low key...some of yesterday's leftover turkey in a sandwich with mayo (Miracle Whip) and cranberries (dinner last night included oven roasted veggies and cranberries).
Munched on celery at lunch, with a roast beef sandwich. Although I think I do need some more veggies today...hmmm. Although my dedication to iron paid off (roast beef, Green Monster (in my Christmas present from H-woman), multi-vitamins with iron, Guinness...and more Guinness!) as I was able to donate blood tonight! Down a pint, but feeling great! Everyone should do it...seriously! Get thee to a donor clinic and give...it's an hour of your life, and think...you'll get to save 3 lives for the effort! Do it once, and you'll be hooked. Tonight was my 34th donation.
All right...I'm tidying up and hitting the sack...getting up at 5:30 this morning was hard, especially after snoozing till 10 every day!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive