MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, December 28, 2009

Almost back to work

These four days have flown by...of course, doesn't help that I've been a lazy slug the whole time! Kind of makes time fly, when the days run into each other.
Boxing Day was spent avoiding crowds...I don't care if they're giving stuff away - I don't go to the malls before Christmas, and I most certainly am not afterwards. Estimates for one mall (that's just ONE, and we have many large malls here in Calgary) was that 75,000 people showed up to shop on Boxing Day. People were lining up at 5am...seriously?!?! There is absolutely NOTHING on this planet that I would need so bad that I would have to line up in the middle of the night in the dead of winter to buy. Yuck...
Since I didn't manage to come home with any leftovers from Christmas (how the heck did that happen??), I did venture out to a grocery store and picked up a few things to make my own dinner. And because I so enjoyed it, I picked up another little Prime Rib (about 3 lbs worth), came home and roasted it yesterday. Remembered to make the Yorkshires, although, while I got the pan plenty hot, I didn't whip enough air into the batter. They are delicious, but dense. The whole point of a Yorkshire is the airy middle, so you have room to pour gravy in (again, I question the need for weight watchers in my life! LOL!!). Roasted garlic (added Epicure roasted garlic in the water while the potatoes boiled) mashed potatoes and steamed carrots rounded out the dish. I'm also donating blood on Tuesday, so thought I'd up the iron quotient...nothing like a pint to make this a truly English dinner! Isn't it pretty??? It's just like a lava lamp when you first pour it...I want to run the Dublin marathon if for nothing else than to hang at the Guinness factory afterwards!! Dare to dream...
For dessert, I had TimTams. If you have never had these, try to find them. I was introduced to them when I was in Australia eons ago. Aussies are freakishly crazy for biscuits!! And these are truly the best. I found them here at London Drugs in Calgary (which probably wasn't a good thing), whereas before my friend who lived down there used to mail me a care-package every now and then. They are devilishly good and worth every bite. Unfortunately, they are 2 points per cookie!
Finally figured out what I was doing wrong with my TV/PVR/DVD combo, and managed to watch a couple of the Bourne DVD's. I hate that technology, which is supposed to make our lives easier, is so freaking complicated - press this button in combination with the following six buttons (but we're not going to tell you which six!), chose this number (again, guess!), stand on one leg while twirling your left hand in the air, and then maybe...just maybe...we'll let you watch the DVD!! Argh!!! Thank God Matt Damon is hot...so made up for all my frustrations, and I had such wicked good dreams last night! LOL!!
Finally found some energy today - I was looking around my house and realized that it looks shockingly like those houses on the show Hoarders...I think the realization is one step closer to doing something, right?? So I've managed to do 4 loads of laundry so far, and ran the dishwasher twice. How on earth I've managed to use every dish I own is beyond me, but man, I have a lot crap in my kitchen!! And all the Epicure boxes...I love their product and I love selling it. But I hate all the packaging it comes in...I don't get to recycle where I live (Calgary doesn't think that apartment dwellers recycle, so we didn't get blue boxes), so I have to tear everything down, and haul to a recycle depot. That's not so bad, except the only one by me is inhabited by nasty, drunk, drugged-out street people. Good times! But I need to start decluttering, before I turn on A&E and find myself on TV!!!
That's it for me...I may wander downtown later, as Rocky Mountain Soap Company finally reopened their downtown store, and I want some more spicy Mandarin stuff before it's gone for the season. I can't handle a lot of the smelly stuff out there (hate being allergic to myself) but I find the spicy, citrusy smells tolerable. And their body butter and lip balm rock.
Think I'll roast up the little turkey roll I bought earlier, so that I can have some turkey for Christmas, and the package up all the leftovers for future lunches. Turkey and roast beef sandwiches rock my world!
Since I got cash from my parents for Christmas (just my size and colour...how do they know?!), I think I'm going to sign up for the marathon training class at the Running Room. I did the 10K one years ago, but since I want to run another marathon in May, I thought maybe this time I'd try training properly. I didn't really do my long runs as well as I should of, since they were usually on my own, and it's hard to push yourself, I find. So maybe if I'm with a group (back to no more sleeping in on Sundays!), I can post a serious time next run. I'll decide tomorrow when I go to pick up my Resolution Run package (New Year's eve, 3.5k - great way to end/start a year).
That's if for me.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive