MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The weekend is almost here

And it's been a long week at that! After all, I worked two days last week, and now I have to work 5??? In a row???? Ugh...
Tomorrow is a short day though, as we're off for an afternoon of team-building...bowling. The last time I bowled was the last time we did this as a team-building event, roughly 4 or 5 years ago. It'll be fun...we're bowling 3 lanes. One 5 pin (which I can do), one 10 pin (which I can't!) and a half of each in wacky style (eyes closed, wrong arm, etc.)...the downside to all of this?? "Lunch" is being provided...on the menu - pizza, chicken wings, spring rolls, deep-fried cheese, etc. I'm guessing the only vegetable to make an appearance will be the tomato sauce on the pizzas and the zucchini hidden in the deep-fried batter!!! And since I have to go and help set up, I won't have an opportunity to run before. But wait, it gets better...immediately after bowling is over, I get to rush home, change into my pretty party clothes and go to our Christmas party! At least the food there will be awesome (big hotel downtown that does a fabulous spread every year) and there will be dancing after dinner. I am going stag...I've always taken either someone that used to work for us, or a girlfriend or my gay friend, and I just decided to strike out on my own this year. I do like men...they just don't appear to like me back! Wait till they see me in my party finery though!
Trainer Josh kicked our butts again today...ankle is actually a little sore from the running, and it really hates lunges. But we did a lot of upper body today, which is good, because my butt is still killing me from Tuesday, but could be bad if I can't lift my glass of wine to my lips tomorrow night!!!
Breakfast was a glass of milk...I know, Cardinal Rule #1 - always eat breakfast. But I went to weigh-in today, since I will have no desire to get up at the crack of stupid to go to a meeting on Saturday, and I just can't make myself eat before I get on the scale. I've been doing this for a very long time, and old habits are hard to break. Snack (at the meeting) was a piece of cheese, and lunch was from Opa. I heart Opa...good, fast Greek food. I had the chicken souvlaki, with rice, potato, whole wheat pita (they offer that now), Greek salad and a side of tzatziki. It was yummy. Tried to have a red delicious apple for afternoon snack (from our healthy snack basket) but it was the foulest thing I have ever bitten into. Disgusting! One bite and threw it away...
Dinner was KD and relish. I wanted something fast after Boot Camp, and quite frankly, I like it!
I have my outfit all ready for bowling tomorrow - we're the Split Personalities, so I've got a man's bowling shirt, hat and chest hair, to go along with my skirt, lacy leggings and cute socks. The other lady on my team is going as half goth, half pop-princess, one guy bought a wig and he's trying to be half lady/half guy, and I'm not sure what the last member is doing, but it should be good. He has quite the sense of humour. I've already put the camera in my purse, so I should have some good photos for you all Saturday.
Later,

No comments: