MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday morning already...

Hmmm...last weekend felt much longer. Oh, that's right...I took Monday and Tuesday off, and with Wednesday a Stat day, I enjoyed a loverly 5-day weekend. If only that kind of work schedule could support my current income! That would be sweet!!
Returned to Boot Camp on Thursday, only to find out that due to legal issues, I am not allowed inside the building where we work out (I'm not staff!), so we had to move it outside to the local park. Which I'm fine with, as I prefer working out outside, but the other ladies weren't quite prepared for that. It'll be interesting to see what happens on Tuesday. Felt it in my arms and shoulders again, but the best part was the running. to quote Forrest Gump..."Ah was r.u.n.n.e.n!!"...first time since the first week in October. I was thrilled!!! Kept it nice and slow, and both Trainer Josh and I kept very close eyes on my ankle. Walked like a normal person on Friday, so it's all good!
After coffee with the girls yesterday, H-woman and I headed up to Canmore to get a pedicure. We went back to the place we went to after Melissa's, because they were so nice and did such an awesome job. How awesome? Well, the pedi done on the 25th of September was finally cleaned off and redone YESTERDAY!!! No chipping, no fading (and I had a really dark colour on), just some regrowth. It was fabulous...so back we went. We arrived a little late (oops...need to plan that better next time - hit every light coming out of Calgary, and I just don't drive like a maniac anymore on the highways), but the ladies were very professional and got the job done. We'll be going back I'm sure in January. Or, if the Lottery Gods could just come through for me (I pray to them every day!), I could finally buy a place and live in Canmore full time...that would sweet!
Headed briefly into Banff (bought a Park Pass last weekend, so we're good for a year) to go to the Rocky Mountain Soap Company's open house. They were introducing their Christmas mix of Mandarin Orange and Candy Cane. Didn't care much for Candy Cane, but the orange is amazing...slightly spicy and very orangy. Came home with a bar of shaving soap (peppermint and clay), the Mandarin Orange Sugar Scrub, a Mandarin Orange chap stick, and then our free gift of another chap stick and the Mandarin Orange soap. It's all natural stuff, and although my sinuses can go crazy in places like that (Bath and Body Works is hard...), it's not so overwhelming in there.
Shared a plate of nachos in the Rose & Crown...Banff must be the Nacho Capital of Canada...man, they were good! Proper ratio of cheese to chips to peppers and other vegs. Yum, yum. yum. Back into Calgary - even though it was 6:30 in the evening, with the mountains and nightfall, it may as well been midnight!! Pitch black on the highway - and considering, sadly, because of unfortunate incidents in the past, you have to watch for PEDESTRIANS (yes, I said pedestrians, not wildlife) on the highway, it makes for a slightly unnerving night drive. Made it home safely.
Dropped H. off, and then had to go get my mom, and take her to see my dad at the hospital. They called 911 yesterday for him (he has COPD, and has been struggling of late) which I am happy about. It's probably been a good solid 6 months since he's even left the house, and means he hasn't been seeing a doctor. Stubborn old coot!!! And then people wonder where I get it from...anyway, he's where he needs to be and they're keeping him for a few days. Which is good...they can get his meds sorted out, and try to come up with a plan that doesn't include him sitting in his lazy boy, waiting for death. Heading there later today. I have to drive mom, as her Alzheimer's makes it difficult for her to drive to new areas - she gets lost and she's the passenger. Remember how I said I had no desire to have children??? Well, I have two...in their 70's. You will also notice that neither of my brothers are getting these phone calls, and are on driver duty, etc. I'm just sayin...
Called my older brother, and found out he's got his own issues to deal with. He was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis (man, my family is falling apart!) years ago, when the disease attacked his lungs. He's now scheduled for an MRI next week, as the doctors now think it's moved to his heart. Crap... This is not good news, as I don't know if he's a good candidate for heart/lung transplant. Double crap... We'll wait to see what the doctors say, but as is in my brother's fashion, I'll have to follow up with him, as he shares nothing!
Okay...so I've started out a Sunday in fine form. Going to head to the Farmer's Market later, to stock up on fresh fruit and veggies for the week. Planning out my meals, and committing to journalling this week. I was up slightly (1.4) yesterday at meeting, but that's just evening out the big loss the week before, thanks to the flu. However, I know I can improve in the journalling department, so that's my plan for this week. Going to weigh in early, on Thursday, as it's my Christmas party on Friday, and I will have no desire to leap out of bed at 6 am to go to a 7 am weigh-in on Saturday!!
Finishing my latte and a bowl of Kashi Wheat squares, banana and Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (love it on cereal!). Going to get dressed and ready, as H. and I are aiming to head out about 11.
Hope this finds everyone happy and healthy...
Later,

No comments: