MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tight Quads

And, quite frankly, everything else for that matter! Trainer Josh kicked our butts last night...guess he figured since only 3 of us showed up, he was going to make us make up for the 2 missing ladies. Why we have to be punished is beyond me, but it's okay. I will continue to look hot and they will not!!
We started with a 10-minute run...OMG...it's been 2 months since I've been able to run for at least 10 minutes! I was so happy, I'm sure I was grinning like an idiot the whole time. We then moved to the park benches where we did a 4-minute drill. For 20 seconds, we did step-ups as hard as we could, keeping count. Then we rested for 10 seconds and then we repeated - 7.more.times!!!! Thought I was going to lose my lunch...after that, we moved back to the mats for squat thruster drills, lunge walking while doing bicep curls, sumo squats with lat raises, and more lunge walking. More squats, more arm work, shoulder work and then down to the mats for core! It ROCKED!!!
Came home, and was just about to prepare something for dinner when H-woman called. I was heading over to unpack her Epicure order anyway, but she invited me for dinner beforehand. H-woman really is a good cooker!!! Salmon on the BBQ with Korean BBQ sauce, stir-fried veggies (red, orange and yellow peppers, cabbage, carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms) and thick Shanghai noodles with a stir-fry sauce, and for treat afterwards, a mini sponge cake with custard and fruit. I had a very happy tummy, and an awesome helper to unpack her $1,400 party!
But I was out too late, and am very tired today. Managed a good, brisk walk at lunch (ankle was sore today, but I blame that on the lunges - doesn't like the twisting) which loosened things up, but I am seizing again even as we speak. Really feeling it in my shoulders, back, quads...oh hell, who am I kidding. My entire body is stiff right now! But it's a good pain, and I like it!!!
Since I wasn't very organized, I bought brekkie and lunch today, but the deli lady felt so bad that I got "the dregs" of the chicken salad special, I ended up with probably 5 pounds of greens, peppers, tomatoes and shredded cheese! Granted, not a lot of protein, but I still made it till I got home. Snacked on some dip and whole wheat tortilla, and then made a fish taco for supper. Stir-fried peppers, baked Basa fish (with Epicure Taco seasoning and lime juice), goat cheese and pineapple salsa (again, Epicure). Served with a side of refried beans (gotta love the low fat and high fibre!), I am very satisfied now. It was so good I ate it before I remembered to take a picture!! I'll try to take a picture tomorrow, as I managed to save enough for lunch tomorrow.
Off to deliver the latest Epicure order (it's a quick drive) and then I am heading to bed.
Hoping the end of this day finds everyone happy with who they are and what they did!
Later,

No comments: