MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What fresh new hell is this?!?!

Graston...it looks innocent enough on the website, but I am here to tell you all...it is THE.SINGLE.MOST.PAINFUL.THING I have EVER experienced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E.V.E.R!!!! Oh, sure...some of you out there will throw that whole "childbirth" at me, but you get drugs when you do that!!!!! There were no drugs involved today! I didn't even get an old piece of leather to bite down on! And sadly, the foot/ankle was feeling a tad better...now it seriously hurts where my pant leg is brushing against my shin...oh, and I may be 'slightly bruised' tomorrow...you think?!?! Okay, so I have a bit more flexibility now and the ankle isn't locked up or quite as painful, but I think that's because the tendon involved has somehow crawled into my bones to hide from the evil Dave and his Graston thingy!
After a quick consult with Trainer Josh yesterday, I think I am out of Boot Camp until January. Booooo... I will see how the next couple of weeks of therapy go though, and devise some plan to get back into things. I'm going to come up with a routine for home that will engage the upper body and core, and some squats, but need to come up with something for cardio that doesn't involve the feet! Any ideas besides swimming or deep water anything - remember, I am the Pisces Fish that is terrified of water.
Had leftover Aloo Ghobi for supper tonight, with a warm whole wheat pita bread for dipping. I made my curry with onions, cauliflower, little baby red potatoes, sweet potato, zucchini, chick peas and Vindaloos sauce. Then, just because I like it a little saucier, I added some coconut milk to make more of a gravy. Last night and lunch today were both served on brown rice, but dinner was just with the pita.
I am 'hosting' an Epicure tasting at lunch tomorrow, so I do have to whip off to the store to make sure I've got everything I need. Then home to whip up the dips, load up the supplies and the car. Silly to drive in tomorrow (I live all of 1.85km from work) but I can write off the parking when I host a party, so that's okay. I am under strict instructions to ice my shin (no kidding) tonight at 9, so want to have everything done and loaded by that time.
Just decided that I need a goal, so I just signed up for the Resolution Run on New Year's Eve. It's a 5K and it's early enough that if you want to make plans, you can and still go out. I think it's a fitting way to sign off on a year and introduce a new one, and God knows my legs/hips/feet should be fine by then! I still haven't decided on Winterstart (8km on Nov 8th) but I did book the hotel room...either way, I'm spending the weekend in Banff, whether as a runner or race support.
Must make grocery list and get moving, before everything seizes up again.
Later,

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Carol, I am so sorry to hear about your foot/ankle. What caused it? I envy you your motivation with goal making and keeping. I know I sound like a wuss and you're right about the 'just do it' thing. I get in the way of me! I'm working on it. (did I just make another goal? :) ).

On another note, does the epicure sell it's wares out east?

take care!

Carol said...

Check the website, as I'm sure there are consultants in your area. www.epicureselections.com.
I hate to admit it, but the Graston appears to have worked...I'm walking almost normal right now. Granted, my leg looks like a mangled mess, but it has mobility and is almost pain free. No idea what I did to the foot - just the tendon deciding to be a bugger, I guess!