MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Update

Can't believe it's over all ready. Wasn't too busy...spent Friday night on the couch, enjoying a dinner of poached eggs on Ezekiel English muffins. Decided to actually go to bed after losing an hour of TV.
Got up bright and early and went to meeting with H. Only for Faye...the week of Thanksgiving dinner, leftovers, no exercise added up, but nothing that can't be undone. Only a 1.8 gain...that's nothing in the overall picture. Still can't head back to Boot Camp or even running, as the foot/ankle is still in rough shape. Of course, walking to H's and then to the Round-Up Centre for the Food & Wine Festival wasn't one of my better ideas!
Although the Festival was fun...$25 to get in, and another $40 for coupons, and then eat and drink away. My goal was to try wines I've never had, or normally wouldn't try (say like, Canadian ones which usually find that vein behind my one eye and make it swell!!!) as well as restaurants and food I've never had before. The wine was good...came up with a new favourite red from the Okanagan Valley and another from California that was good. The food was just okay this year...everyone seemed really obsessed on beef on a bun combo...although I did have some fresh lobster, crab cakes (and found a place in Cochrane that we'll probably go check out one night), lobster bisque, Kobe beef (on the best little burger I've ever had, with homemade ketchup and pickles!), jambalaya (could have been spicier), mustard chicken (YUM!), finally ending the evening with a cheese platter (cambazola, Oka, a Swiss, a Cheddar and some with truffles) and coconut/mango gelato.
Despite wearing my orthotics in my boots, my legs were killing me from the knees down by the time we left...sadly the Round-Up Centre is just a very large warehouse and is all cement...add the 2k walk there and 2k walk home...adds up to ooooowwwwwww!!!!! Got home (it was pretty slow going), elevated, medicated and iced! The left one is still pretty tender today, so I iced it again this morning, and have done my best to stay off of it (read, spend lazy day on couch/in bed!). Did manage a quick outing to the Farmer's Market to stock up on some fruit and veggies (a couple of more weeks to wait for Pink Ladies...but soon...they're coming soon...) and Safeway for some cilantro for the curry I'm going to make. It was going to be dinner, but I had a 90-minute nap instead! Oops... I did make a new favourite tomato soup though...mix 1 can cream of tomato soup with 1 can milk and 1 can diced tomatoes along with a good tablespoon of Epicure Lemon Dilly dip mix. The dill in the tomato is sublime, and I love a chunky soup. Add some crackers and Edam cheese and dinner was done.
Caught up on the Amazing Race, changed the litter, ran some dishes through the dishwasher and suddenly it's time to hit the sack.
Here's hoping another week off everything will finally get my feet fixed...I'm tired of pain and walking like I'm a hundred years old. And I really, really, really, really, really miss Boot Camp!!!
:(
Later,

No comments: