MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Getting there

Things seem to be loosing up a bit...still walking with a bit of a limp, especially early in the day, but hopefully this means I'm on the road to recovery. But then again, other body parts appear to want to get in the game...my shoulders are both sore in the morning (haven't been lifting weights or anything) and my wrists, right knee, toes of the left foot. This makes me wonder if this isn't something a little more serious, like rheumatoid arthritis...sigh. Just what I need...yet another chronic condition! I was doing fine with the asthma, thank you very much! I'll book an appointment with my doctor this week, and get the test done. I'd rather know and can then hopefully get on some sort of plan that doesn't cost me $118 a week! Getting older sucks! Did manage to lose a little this week, despite my boredom eating on the rise, but we'll get that back under control, even if it kills me!


Had a nice brunch and visit at B.'s. Granted, I'm not sure how healthy any of it was, as she dished out and didn't offer any details, but there was salad (spinach, romaine, craisons, feta, pecans, in a vinaigrette), some kind of baked ham & egg dish and a chocolate bundt cake for dessert. After some coffee and getting caught up, I was headed home before the "call". It's been a while since I've had the call from my Dad, but the jyst was he's dying and my mother will be lost and will immediately die without him, today. Oy... Change of plans. Head down to my parent's, where I find Dad is fine (he has COPD - Emphysema) and Mom is bewildered as to why I suddenly popped in. Sigh... Dad thinks he's having big troubles, but when I ask what the doctor said, I get blank, deer-in-the-headlights stares and when I ask Mom what kind of game-plan we have in place for "if" Dad is hospitalized, she gets all defensive and mad. Dad says she cries, she says she doesn't and I sit there wondering my neither of my brothers are here dealing with this!!! Two hours later, nothing resolved and no plans. Have I mentioned oy???? I honestly don't know what to do, because I get two completely different renditions of the same story at the same time! Not sure how this will be dealt with, but we'll try to come up with something this week.


I have some left over Thai soup (seems to have been a theme this week in blog-land) for supper, and then it's back to work mode. Wishing the weekend was longer...


Later,

No comments: