MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, October 12, 2009

Things I am thankful for

As I sit here, fully engulfed in a food coma from a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, I thought I would list what I am thankful for before I go collapse onto my bed.

- I am thankful that I have a bed and roof over my head. Many do not and I do not know what I would do if I ever found myself in that situation.
- I am thankful for good friends and family. My parents are both still alive, and even though we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving this year, I know I can still pop in to visit. And I am thankful for friends that invite me to try something new (Turducken w H-woman) and to meet other new friends...there was much laughter being enjoyed by everyone.
- I am thankful for the pain in my feet, because at least I can feel them! While it hurts to walk or run, at least I can. Period.
- I am thankful for the full belly that I have right now, along with a fridge full of food. Again, many people don't have these luxuries, and I will do my best not to think of it as a given, but as a gift.
- I am thankful for my health - may not be the best, but it's not debilitating either. In fact, it's pretty darn good.
- I am thankful for my furbabies...and the cuddles and purrs that they give when I lay on the couch. Even if I have to give George insulin twice a day, at least he's still here with me, and doing very well, thank you for asking.
- I am thankful I have a job to go to in the morning. I may complain about having to get up early, and would prefer to stay in bed, but again, it circles back to having a roof and food. And I like my job...
- I am thankful to be Canadian. It may be -7 and snowing, but I love the change of the seasons, I love the first cold bite of winter and I love that very few people try to blow us up!!
- I am thankful that I rented out the last empty suite this weekend...not really a big thing, but I hate this part of being the caretaker.
- I am thankful to be alive. 'Nuf said.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving, regardless of where it was and whom it was with.
Later,

No comments: