MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Really?? It's only Tuesday???

Day 3 of Bootcamp and all I have to say is OW!!! Was a little concerned that I was going to be the only one there today (H. had to work nights), and trainer looked a little too excited at the prospect of whipping one of us into shape! Uh-oh...but some others showed up and we had a nice little group of five. I won't bore you all with the gory details, but suffice to say it was "cardio day". I shall remember from this point out that on "cardio day", DO NOT RUN THE CRESCENT HEIGHTS STAIRS AT LUNCH (for those not from Calgary, it's a staircase up the side of a rather steep hill, 167 steps bottom to top, although I don't know off hand the distance or climb, but this is what I found when I googled it: "Note: If you climb the Crescent Heights stairs 130 times you will have climbed the same level as the elevation of Everest!")...apparently I am a bit of a masochist! I did not do 130 laps (and to me, a lap is up AND down) but I did manage to push out 3, which is great, since I haven't climbed them since before Christmas, save for one time with the Saturday morning coffee ladies. But the Underwear Affair 10k is in just over a week, and I did want to beat my 10k BP. Of course, right now, I'll be happy if I can walk upright tomorrow!!!

While if feels much longer, it's also only been two days that I've been getting up early enough to get to work by 7. I do have to say I kind of like the leaving at 3:30 part but still not so fond of the waking up part. I was, by all accounts, a cat in a past life, and trust me, we felines like our sleep! But it's all part of forming a habit, good or bad. I have not missed flossing a single night since I decided to jump on the whole "flossing is good for you" train, and it's been 134 days and counting - only takes 21 to form said habit.

Gave blood tonight, after Bootcamp. Must say, I shocked a few of the nurses with how quickly I filled the pint. I've always been a fast bleed, but tonight was super quick due to the extra fluids drank during the day and the fact that my heart rate was slightly elevated from "cardio day". And I'm sure they were all watching for me to drop like a stone when I stood up, but sorry kids...no emergency for you tonight.

Eating some pasta to round out the bowl of soup and PB cookie (that's why I donate...really, really, really good Cookies by George) that I ate at the clinic. Then I think it's contacts out, jammies on and prepare for an early night.

No comments: