MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, May 7, 2009

In search of pho...

Sadly, didn't find it tonight either. As you know, our favorite Vietnamese place is temporarily closed while they return home for a long visit. It's been 2 weeks now and I'm officially going into withdrawel. We did try a place they recommended, but it just wasn't the same. I thought the broth tasted fishy (not suspicious...fishy), which was odd as I was having chicken satay pho, but it was still okay. Not stellar though, so I may have to choose something else from the menu until our friends at Fortune return on the 26th. Only 22 more sleeps!!

Stayed the same at weigh-in tonight, which started to bum me out...after all, I ran a freaking marathon on Sunday, shouldn't that count for some calories burned?! But then I recall all the food and liquids (grown up varieties) consumed over the weekend and I realized that not finding any more pounds was a good thing!

A couple more days of rest/recovery and I'll be back on the running paths next week. Have the Underwear Affair run in 30 days, and I'd like to beat my standard 10k time. Also going to start training on the stairs (Crescent Heights staircase: 167 steps bottom to top) twice a week, and hope to return to Latin aerobics a couple times of week again. I need to shake things up and shock this old bod into submission! Maybe I can scare the inches and pounds away!!

Just got off the phone with an old roommate, after a nice hour long chat - haven't talked in ages, and she and her family just got the cutest kitten ever! Won't go visit her kids, but show me a cat, and I'm all yours...my friends know me so well. I was planning on catching up on Hell's Kitchen, but that can wait till tomorrow. Need to clean off the PVR, as I have way too much recorded, but then again I have some awesome marathons coming up, as I have the entire season of House and Criminal Minds recorded, along with some odd episodes of Medium, Amazing Race, America's Next Top Model, and other assorted goodies. I have no idea how I watched TV before the PVR came along...it's a good thing!

Well, I'm going to head to bed. I've been bad, reverting to my late night habits, and I've felt it the last couple of days at work (almost fell asleep this afternoon), so I need to get up, turn the computer off and go to bed. It sounds so simple...

'night all.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Congrats on your success in yvr!!! I don't think I would have finished. We just discovered 'pho' and we love it! We have it at least every other week. If you won't come to yyz to visit us... how about to visit our puppy???

Carol said...

Thank you...I am very proud of finishing. Good thing my parents raised me stubborn!!
I do want to come out TO again sometime...I'll have to figure something out and let you know. You know, you are the 2nd person to entice me to visit with an animal, not just the kids!!
:)

Cathy said...

whatever works!!!