MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Doesn't hurt...

Much! Actually I'm quite surprised by how much I was able to move today. Granted, it's a tad slower than normal, and sitting and stairs still are cause for quiet grunts, but I'm doing way better than I expected by this point. Guess there is something to all this training talk that people like John Stanton (The Running Room) go on about. Met him at the end of the marathon on Sunday, and while I thanked him for inspiring me to take on the challenge, I also told him I didn't know if I'd do another. He said give it a week...figured I'd be hooked. We'll see.

While my time didn't register on the Vancouver site (they take the clock time, not the chip time, and I was over the clock time by 1:31...yes, that's one minute and 31 seconds!) but my official time is posted on the Running Room under my athlete dashboard (who knew...I'm an "athlete"), so here it is...and I wasn't dead last!

Carol Whyte
My Results
BMO Vancouver Marathon - 2009 - Full Marathon -6 hours
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Rank: 2805
Clock Time: 6:31:28
Chip Time: 6:28:45
Pace: 9:17 /km
Distance: 42.2 km
Bib: 3816
Gender Rank: 1183/1209
Division: Female 45-49
Division Rank: 143/147

For those who run, the youtube link below is the funniest thing ever...and for those who don't run...well, it may keep you from doing so, but probably not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hCuYjvw2I

Remember...left, right, repeat.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hahaha, love that video! That was SO me yesterday. Everytime I sat down at my desk I made a little whimpering noise!!