MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday morning

Ahhh...I remember this...waking up without an alarm clock...making a latte and sipping it while seeing what's new in the world of food on FoodTV. Maybe grabbing a paper and seeing what happened in the city and the world...lazy Sunday mornings. Trouble with training for any long run, especially a marathon, is you totally lose your lazy Sunday mornings. I missed this terribly...

Stocked up at the Farmer's Market yesterday, but to our horror, the cheese place was closed by the Health board!!! ARGH!!! How am I supposed to get my Edam or old Grizzly Gouda fix?!?!?! Not to worry though....H's mom lives near the actual farm, so she's going to swing by on her way into town to pick us up our supply. And hopefully the horrible misunderstanding (and I'm sure that's all it is...there were a lot of shocked patrons yesterday) will be cleared up soon and the gang will be back with all their glorious cheese.

Going to sit down with a menu today, and plan out my whole week. I am determined to reach goal this year and I need to shake things up. I'm not training for a marathon anymore, so I need to stop eating like I'm training for one. And I've joined a bootcamp, starting in a week. It means I'll have to change my shift at work, and start at 7 (OMG!!) so that I can get to training in time, as it starts at 4:30. Obviously I am one of the last people in Calgary who actually works "9 to 5", since everything else seems to like to start at 4:30. So I'd have to get home, change and get to the park where we're working out, all before 4:30. I think what I'll do is change at work and run down. The extra mileage won't hurt, and it'll be some added cardio before all the weights and such.

Enjoying a brekkie of oatmeal with my latte - 1/2 oats, 1 c milk, 1 tbsp almond butter (I heart almond butter!!), 1 c of strawberries, splash of vanilla and 1 tbsp milk chocolate chips. It's most delicious. Once that's done, I'll go out and tidy up my front yard (the joys of downtown living...all the 'burb people who come down to shop and eat think it's okay to just toss their crap, since it's downtown and we heart garbage...grrrr...), run out and get Mom some scratchies and then head down to spend the afternoon.

Happy Mother's Day to those who have children, whether they be of the human or short, furry and four-legged variety. We're all Mommies!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Hahaha, isn't being lazy on a Sunday morning a wonderful thing!!

I did an outdoors bootcamp last fall and it totally kicked my butt, but I loved it! We ran tons of stairs and did pushups in the sand by the river. It was a crazy awesome workout so I'm sure you'll love your bootcamp! It's a great way to shake things up!

Cathy said...

I remember Sunday mornings too! Now I'm at work at 6am, both Sat. and Sun. Oh, the joys of motherhood!