MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, Monday...

Where did the weekend go? One minute, I was leaving work on Friday and suddenly the alarm is going off, telling me it's time to return. Sad is I...sigh...but, I have a job and that makes me happy. I must support the furry children, after all!

Didn't realize that I haven't blogged since last Tuesday, but I'll just fall back on the excuse that I couldn't reach my keyboard after all the upper body work we did that day!! Thursday's focus was...well, on everything. We ran, did many stairs (run, doubles, sideways and with squats), ran some more and then hit the mats for some arm work. Push-ups, shoulder presses, and loads of triceps work. I pushed as far as I could, but even trainer said "you're done"... who was I to argue?!

Dropped H. off at the airport on Saturday, and then went to the farmer's market (cheese place closed again...I do not like this!!), Costco (which didn't have ANYTHING I wanted, so I walked out empty handed), Walmart and then Stupid-store. Finally got home later that afternoon, and chilled. Sunday was spent on the couch (couldn't even get motivated to go cheer on the marathoners out there running) but finally got my butt in gear and did the lawn in the afternoon. I have a manual mower, so it is a bit of a workout. Man, I love the sound it makes when I cut the grass! Did some tidying up, and then made an awesome Spring Ragout of fiddleheads, asparagus, carrots, green onions, oyster mushrooms, thyme, parsley, mint and chicken stock. Topped it off with a lovely piece of grilled salmon and brown & wild rice with mint and goat feta. Can you tell it was a good day at the market?!?! Had the leftovers for lunch today. Had to fight others off, as they wanted to steal my lunch!

Tonight's supper was a mix...had a half of whole wheat pita with some hummus, while I decided what I really wanted. That ended up being one whole wheat tortilla spread with refried beans and cheese, and toasted, served with light sour cream, salsa, a sliced tomato and avocado slices. I am now full and satisfied. And trying to get inspired enough to go out and clean the hallways of my building - my "Schneider" duties call...

No comments: