MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yoga Virgin no more

Never did make it out for a run. Picked up H. and we went to the market. Both of us were very excited because the Buffalo hot dogs were finally in (we've been waiting for weeks and weeks and weeks), and I came home with 3 types of natural honey (cinnamon, cranberry and lemon). Some more tomatoes, edam cheese and assorted other goodies rounded out the take for the day.

H. was talking about going to a yoga class later to meet up with a friend (who teaches), so I thought I'd give it a whirl - we did walk over from here which was a nice 3.25km walk.

I've never been one for the spiritual side of yoga, and as an adult with ADD (not confirmed, but man, hang with me for 5 minutes...attention span of a gnat!) I always thought it would be too slow. It took a lot for me to concentrate and control my breathing. Compared to the others, I was practically hyperventilating, but none of the moves were too complicated for this old, very unbendy body! I did enjoy it though, which kind of surprised me. Although the heat was turned up for the next class, which for a naturally hot person who sweats brushing her teeth, made me uncomfortable towards the end of the class. That and it had been a long time since my latte and oatmeal, so I was getting a little shaky as well. But I think I'll try it again. Something different to mix things up.

Came home, had something to eat to get the blood sugars level, and then walked to the Community Health food store (another 3k walk) to see if they had this infamous Ezekial bread everyone keeps going on about. Came home $70 poorer, but did find the bread, some agave syrup, bulgar, home-made pyrogies and other assorted goodies.

Going to eat some dinner, make breakfast and lunch, watch Amazing Race and go to bed.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends as much as I did.

5 comments:

Cowgirl Warrior said...

Community Health has Ezekiel bread...good to know. I thought that was only available in the US.

Amy said...

sounds like you're going to have a great food week!

Carol said...

Yeah, it was in the freezer section. They had a plain and cinnamon raison variety. The cashier said it was best to keep it in the freezer and only pull out slices as you need them.

Going to follow the plan laid out in Clean Eating this month - need to step away from the processed and ride the latest weight loss for all it's worth!

Cathy said...

what's clean eating? Have you ever tried a cleanse? I am starting to look at all of that stuff! 13 days until the yvr run!! I'm very excited for you!

Carol said...

No, not a cleanse, per say. I really don't buy into the whole depriving your body of vital nutrients and calories for extended periods, especially while training! No...Clean Eating is a magazine (and cook book) that emphasizes fresh, whole foods and no processed stuff. Lots of natural foods, even right down to sugars (using agave instead of sugar, for example). The mag has tons of good recipes, ideas, interesting articles and tips. You should look for it and give it a read.
11 days...tick tock...upright and smiling...that's my finishing goal...upright and smiling!