MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, April 18, 2009

My day today

Got up early, as usual, but it wasn't to go for coffee as usual. Nope...today was the spring/summer launch for Epicure Selections. I had to go see what goodies we were offering for the lazy days of summer. For those who don't know, Epicure Selections is a Canadian company the produces and sells, via home-based businesses (like Tupperware, Avon, etc), a vast array of spice blends, dip mixes, vinegars, rubs and grilling sauces and high-end kitchenware. I have been selling them for 4 years now, deciding I should do something to support my spice habit! Anyway...good stuff coming up (hey...if you want to book a party, you know who to call!) - and some shocking stats as well. 1 tbsp of Montreal steak spice has over 3,000 mg of sodium!! Wow Kazunga! Our TexMex rub as only 6% of that amount (you'd need 17 tbsp's to get the same amount)...our products are very low sodium/sugar. We also came out with a new program this spring "28 Days to a Healthier You"...includes tips and ideas, over 120 recipes for everything from breakfasts, snacks, sides, desserts, dinners, etc, a pedometer, journal/planner and grocery list and a perfect portion plate. I'm going to follow the plan when I get back from Vancouver (let the carbo-loading begin!) and see what results I can get in the 4 weeks. It's very similar to the logic behind Weight Watchers, which I like...everything from all the food groups, eat less/move more, portion control, etc.

Nice day out today, considering they were saying it was to be 'colder' than yesterday...after the launch, as I was wandering a little shopping area I've never been to before (Lakeview), I found the cutest summer dress at 50% off. Fit beautifully and I did vow this summer to be more of a girly-girl. Then maybe I'll find me a manly-man! LOL!! I do love impulse shopping. Then met up with H., wandered MEC (Mountain Equipment Coop) and then had a fabbo lunch at the Holy Grill. Chicken, roasted peppers, onion, artichokes in a panani with sweet potato chips - most excellent!

Dropped H. off and then headed south to check up on the parents (which I love...Dad complains about Mom, she complains about Dad, I'm in the middle wondering how and when I signed up for this nonsense!)...they are both alive and doing well, although I do need to get someone over there to clean. I won't...Dad made sure at a very young age that I openly despised cleaning, as he harped, nagged and hovered over everything I did. And now that he never (and I mean NEVER!!) leaves his lazy-boy, let alone the house, the hovering will be increased ten fold. That's why professionals were invented! No personal ties or feelings to be hurt.

Home now...feeling a tad sleepy, so a brief nap may be in order. Have to get up and run 23k tomorrow, and then maybe a trip to the farmer's market. And then back to the grind on Monday...but I'm not knocking it because I at least have a grind to go to!

Have a great weekend.

No comments: