MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Here it comes

Wow...one more day of work, and then Vancouver. I'm getting nervous, but that's more about the unknown...I don't know the route, I don't know what to expect from the crowds, roads, marshalls, etc. I don't really like the unknown. Been watching the weather network (oh, please...no rain...I hate rain...), and deciding what stays and what goes. I hate over-packing. I did that for a month-long trip that started in Toronto, went to Australia and ended in Hawaii before the return home to snowy, cold Calgary. I used maybe a third of what I took, but got to haul it all everywhere! Never, ever again... I went to California for 4 days years later with just a carry-on, and had to argue with the security dude that I did indeed have more than enough stuff for 4 days. I won! Needless to say, I'm making and checking the list twice. Didn't run today (didn't get to sleep until around 2 last night...) but I feel okay in that department. Found my official time for the 12k on Saturday (which is odd, since it wasn't a timed event...) and I was just 1 minute over my initial goal. Still 3rd last (they listed the two 20 year olds after me...hehehe), but what the heck. Someone has to be last, otherwise they don't know it's over.

Finished the really big, complicated (compare month over month the installation activity and rates versus gross ads for all our systems and products as well as a larger, overall picture, encompassing 74 pages of data and 237 different graphs!!). Took me the last two weeks of working at it every day to get it done to this point, and the manager now has one day left to get me to change anything before I'm gone for the week. But I think it's all good...things make sense, I caught my own flub and I am excited to see what the other managers and VP's think of it. After all, it's morphed itself since I started it (officially) in November (as a 3 page, 9 graph report)...it's been quite a task, but I enjoy the challenge. Even my coworker doesn't seem so stressed that she's going to be on her own for month end, but as I've pointed out...a) it's actually HER job to do month end - it's my job to analyse afterwards, and b) she's been doing the job for over a year now...she should know how to do it.

Think that's about it today...hope you all have a good week, and here's to hoping that our snow is done for the year. I've really had enough!

No comments: