MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nice Saturday

I'm a little scared...it's been 24 hours and no new snow...how ever will we make it through this "nice" spell?!?

Got up bright and early (ugh) this morning and met up with C. & E. (part of the Saturday morning coffee crew - H. stayed in bed and caught up with some much needed z's) and we went for our usual walk. But I suggested earlier that we shake things up, and we took a new route through Sunnyside, and down it's pathway, which unfortunately is not totally cleaned...funniest sight ever watching C. literally sliding backwards, till I could grab her hand and pull her to safety! Guess you had to be there... But the end goal of the new route was the Crescent Heights staircase. 167 steps bottom to top, and they are nice, big steps (I have big feet and long legs and appreciate that someone tall actually built something that the rest of us can use with ease!)...we did one lap up and down - didn't want to kill them both their first time...we'll work up to more laps in the future. Great butt workout. I was also out of breath by the time I got to the top, and it made me sad that I used to be able to do 10 laps (not per flight, but bottom to top and back down), with push-ups, cross-overs, double-ups, etc, at lunch...yes, in an hour. And that includes there and back to the office, which is roughly another km. Sigh...decided that after Vancouver training is done, I will make that my Tuesday/Thursday routine again, and work my way back to 10, maybe even 12 this year.

Did hook up with H. after coffee and we went to the Farmer's market...for someone who didn't 'need' anything, I sure came home with a very full, very heavy sack! Carrots, the most wonderful smelling tomatoes (they actually smell like a tomato should!), whole wheat pita, olives, the most amazing curry sauce I have ever tasted (locally made, with no crap in it), spinach, sweet potato, cauliflower (can you guess what I'm having for supper tonight??) and some more basil. Then I had a brief, albeit accidental nap on the couch before walking down to the Tech Shop and purchasing some new runners. Figure I have a month to get them broken in. Good news...they were $60 off the regular price, so I spent that $60 on a new pair of capris. I am a sucker for running clothes...doesn't help me run any faster, but dang it, I look gooooooood!

Carbing up tonight with my curry, to get ready for the 29k I will do tomorrow.

Vancouver...29 sleeps and counting...

No comments: