MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Monday

Good thing it's a holiday, as I really have no motivation to do anything today. I'm still feeling the effects of the cold, although I did sleep a little better last night (double shots of Benelyn for Dy Cough...it's a good thing!). Sipping coffee and trying to figure out what I should do today.



Spring in Calgary means the return (although some don't leave) of Canadian Geese. Yes, they're loud and annoying and poop like nothing else seen in nature, but I am always awed by their beauty and commitment to each other. I am the freak that welcomes the honk-honk return, and look forward to seeing the giant V's in the sky, and the babies...oh man, how much do I love baby geese?! Just want to pick one up and kiss it all over, but then Mama Goose would rip my heart out through my left eye, and I totally respect that! Grizzly bear mamas have nothing on geese mamas! Anyway, as I left my house to get some groceries yesterday, there's this goose just hanging out at my side grass (it's nice and fresh and green)...didn't seem the least bit bothered by my presence, and just kept on waddling along. We can hear them on the roof all spring, as they decide on a nice place to set up home. I do hope they realize that I don't really live on the river, and it's not necessarily the best location for raising children. Anyway, when I returned from groceries, Goosey was still hanging about, this time deciding to hang on top of what I only imagine he/she thought was a giant golden egg! Again, I walked right up to him/her, to try and shoo it away, but it stood it's ground. This "egg" was theirs. I feel bad for the guy who owns the car and has to clean it now! But I did have a good laugh, watching this goofy goose guard it's new territory.

Okay...on with my day. Would do laundry, but someone left all of theirs in the machines, again. So...taxes. Yay...

Happy Monday.

No comments: