MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another great weekend

Woke up bright and early on Saturday...too early, as a matter of fact, but it was for a good cause.  I decided last minute to help a friend with race support for the Robert Hamilton Memorial Run and Mito Canada.  After filling up with espresso and a turkey bacon sandwich at Starbucks, I arrived at North Edworthy park at 7:30am, rolled up my sleeves and helped out where I could.  I ended up at the refreshment table, handing out water, juice, apples, bananas and muffins to the 210 runners that completed either the 5 mile or 10 mile distance.  A great way to start a weekend.

Met up with the Running Peeps (some came by and gave me hugs while on their 23km LSD) down at Eau Claire afterwards, and had coffee and lunch and a gab session before heading for home.  Somehow I managed to sneak in a 2+ hour nap, which was GLORIOUS!!  Had dinner of chicken, roasted butternut squash chunks and cauliflower, before catching up on some People magazines and watching random TV.

Got up early again this morning, and after toast, PB and a glass of milk, I drove to the far north, to meet up with another running friend (it is a huge community!) who is expecting a baby any.second.now, but who is still teaching the half marathon clinic at her local Running Room!  When I was at the Expo for Toronto, I saw a onesie that I absolutely had to buy for her..."future marathoner".  I dropped it off, and then ran a lovely 7km LSD, with her biking along side.  It was in the 'burbs though...scary business!!  LOL!  Actually, not a bad route, with some hills and through the neighbourhoods.  Grabbed a Starbucks and then met the group back at Tim Horton's (was that wrong of me?!) and chatted about races and running and life, before making the trek from the far north to the far south, and Mom's.  A quick trip to the grocery store, hauled some garbage, took her to Wendy's for a cheeseburger (offer in the mailbox), before heading for home myself.  Finally showered and then spent many hours trying to decide what I wanted for supper.  Crazy making!  I'd wander into the kitchen, not see anything I wanted and wander on out again.  Wander in, wander out.  Back and forth, forth and back.  Thankfully I don't keep anything snacky on hand, so I didn't eat around anything but it took me till 9pm before I decided that I was really, really hungry and finally whipped up a quick frittata of egg, Parmesan cheese, broccoli, carrots and cherry tomatoes.  Filled the hole...and saved me an expensive trip to the grocery store.

Signed up for another round of 30 boot camp classes!  I am hooked, people!  Managed to get rid of another 4" (that's 13" in total in the past 12 weeks...for those keeping track!), and I really feel it in my running, as I know I'm stronger and faster.  I also managed to lose at weigh in, so again, down around 10lbs in the last 12 weeks.  Next race is the Rogue's Run 10k next weekend, but it'll be for fun. After all, it's the only race for Pirates, and it's hard to ace a sub-60 10km with a parrot on your shoulder!  But who knows...

Back to the grind...and that means off to bed for me.

Later,

No comments: