MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Boot Camp Fit Test

Okay...so now I really, really, really heart Boot Camp!!! I lost a total off 4" and 3.4 pounds in the 6 weeks of Boot Camp. Need to focus on the food intake next go round (yes, Boot Camp II starts on Tuesday! Yay!!) as well as continuing to get stronger. I am going out on the weekend to get heavier weights...must take it up a notch! What else I really liked was increasing the number of push ups by 294% (53 in one minute and a whopping 750% increase of "man" push ups over knee push ups!!), 127% increase in crunches (71 in 1 minute), almost doubled both plank hold (1:19 vs :38) and squat (1:58 vs. 1:00) and shaving almost 30 seconds off our run. Yay me!!



Before...May 19th



After...June 25th

On to other news...found out tonight at WW that our Saturday weigh-in plans are being quashed, as the Boys in Edmonton (Franchise owners) have decided to close both Edgemont and Silver Springs (where we were going to go) and combine them all in the new Dalhousie location. Which will still have Saturday meetings but run by a heinous woman who we just don't get along with. And what's the point of supporting her if she's not willing to return it to us. So it's back to evening weigh-ins, but to figure out which, as I've now got an 11k drive in rush hour (there's a freaking reason why I LIVE AND WORK downtown!!!) to make it to a weekly meeting. Grrr...so my burning question to WW Alberta will be "do you believe that all downtown dwellers should be fat, or should they go to Jenny Craig (only a block from my house) or LA Weight Loss (just down the street), both of whom would be more than happy to take our money!". After all, according to the 2008 City Census, there's almost 70,000 living in the downtown core alone...that's a lot meeting fees being overlooked! But we'll figure something out, I'm sure. I don't want to give up Faye as my leader, and admit that I am being totally selfish on that point.


Started my day with a Green Monster which was rather tasty as usual, and a 1 point fruit bar from Planet Organic. I think the monster held me over till lunch, but since I didn't run today (didn't want to mess up the fit test), I don't know if it would have given me the energy I need for that. Will have check that out next week, as I left my go cup at work.
Lunch was a nice walk around (probably did about 3k) and then a roast chicken on ww sub from Subway. Cheese - yes, toasted - no, lettuce, tomato, cukes, pickles, banana peppers...lots and lots of banana peppers and mustard. Yum! No chips (baked or otherwise) or cookie...just the sub. The dude behind me ordered roast chicken and mayo on white bread...no veggies, no cheese, nothing else. Almost gagged thinking how nasty that would taste, and worse, what that was doing to his arteries...speaking of, condolences to Michael Jackson's family and friends. Maybe now that poor man will finally be at peace.
Anyway, a quick snack of Activia yogurt at 3, and then Boot Camp, weigh in and noodles!!! Three shrimp salad rolls, the best dipping sauce ever (it's not just Hoisen) and Chicken Satay Pho (dang, forgot to take a picture...will have to do that next week) with extra vegetables. Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!!!!!!
And now it's almost 10:30 and I should go to bed.
Later gaters!

No comments: