MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, June 20, 2009

I hate change

As H. alluded to in her last post, the WW meeting location that we attend is closing and moving. AGAIN...this is the 3rd time WW has changed things up on me!!! Perhaps they don't really like me coming and paying every week for the last 546 weeks!!!!!!!! Okay...I understand that's a long time, but I'm a slow learner...stubborn is probably a better word...I'm a stubborn learner! Anyhoo, I must be throwing off their stats, so quick, move on her again...maybe she won't be able to find us this time! But ah-ha!!! I am on to their evil ways, and am already plotting where and when I will attend next!

Let me 'splain...I started at the Thursday night Capital Hill meetings, and Faye was my very first leader (and she freaking ROCKS!). Then my job and location changed, and I started popping into meetings downtown at lunch in Penny Lane. Bounced around days and leaders until I found another one I liked (unfortunately, can't recall her name), who pissed someone somewhere off, and they shuttled her off to another meeting unceremoniously and I was left to wander again. The Penny Lane location started Saturday am meetings, and that is where I met H., C., E., B., J. and whole host of other wonderful ladies. Then WW closed Penny Lane! Granted, the building was being torn down, but they certainly didn't advertise the new location in the Mall, and we lost several members and leaders (Jen, who quit to pursue a career in law enforcement, who also rocked!). THEN, the powers that be at WW decided that Saturday morning meetings downtown weren't attended enough (here's a thought....ADVERTISE!!!!) and closed them before closing the Mall location, and moving it to a rather sketchy street/area in the downtown core. There is a 7 am meeting run by Faye, but I don't wander those streets at that time of the day, so no meeting for me. So here we wander AGAIN...found a Saturday meeting at Capital Hill, but HATED the leader...hate, hate, hate, hated!!!!! Am I being clear enough? See, I liken WW to therapy, and unless you have a good connection with the leader, there is nothing beneficial to be gained from the meeting, which you then tend not to attend, and then it all goes to crap! So, ultimately we head back (just H. & B.) to Thursday nights and Faye, and met up with some of the other ladies for coffee on Saturdays. Sigh... In order to follow Faye, we will now be trying her Saturday morning meeting in Silver Springs (roughly 11 km away, versus the current 4!) and see how that goes. I hate change...

I do, however, love Green Monsters and Boot Camp! Granted I am sore everywhere today, but nothing a hike in the mountains won't cure. Which means I should get my butt in gear!! Will publish pics later!

No comments: