MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday musings

It was a good day at work today. Received several compliments from higher ups (VP's and the like) for work that I have done for them, which is an awesome boost to the ego! I appreciate the fact that someone seems to have actually taken the time to look at all the stuff I've been compiling for months and then took the time to comment on it. That's why I love working where I do.

Came home and decided to grill some pork t-loin so that I could enjoy some Epicure Sweet & Spicy mustard. It's new and it's FABULOUS! Along side I grilled a half a green and half a red pepper, and finished off the rest of the Lemon Dilly dip with that. Sliced a fresh tomato over the chilled sun-dried tomato polenta quiche and a mini-cucumber, all sprinkled with Lemon Lavender Sea Salt...can you tell I sell the stuff???? I don't have a balcony, so don't have a real BBQ, but I bought myself the Griddler for Christmas and find I am starting to use it a lot. It gets nice and hot, and actually leaves char marks on the food, which is the whole point of BBQ'ing, don't you think? Haven't set off any smoke alarms (yet), so I'll keep using it.

This is going to be a weird work week...start diving into month end tomorrow, Wednesday off, and then full on month end Thursday and Friday and then it's the weekend again. And I have the next round of Boot Camp starting tomorrow. I just returned from Walmart with 8 pound weights in hand...time to pump things up!!!

Went for a run at lunch, but I was pooped - a) because I went to bed late last night and b) I forgot the protein powder in my GM this morning. So it mainly turned into a walk, although I did still manage to do over 3k in 27 minutes and keep my heart rate at 77% before turning into the park to do some extra toning:
20 squats, 10 static lunges each leg, 10 wide grip push-ups, 10 narrow grip push-ups, hold static leg raise at 45 degrees to count of 10, then 10 raises, 30 crunches, 20 bicycle kicks, v-sit to the count of 10 and full plank to the count of 30. Oh, and Amy, I sweat like a dog (do they even sweat that much?!) when I work out, so when I return from a "little jog" at lunch, people are looking at me weird because I am soaked to the skin, covered with grass and sticky leaf popper things (I heart spring), my face is red and I'm grinning like a crazy person!!! And yet, no one will join me...curious that! Anyway, I love how I feel after lunch, and I ended up with crazy raging endorphins today, practically bouncing in my chair all afternoon and giggling at the slightest thing. Crazy rush...

Time to decide what to make for lunch tomorrow (I am trying GM's for breakfast all week, to see if they have the staying power and energy I need for the noon work out - providing, of course, that I remember the protein powder going forward) and then it's bed time. Aiming for lights out at 10:15, but since the sun is still up, I don't wanna go to bed...sigh...

Later,

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sweet and spicy mustard... Mmmm! I may have to look into this! :)

Carol said...

It's awesome, as is the Honey Mustard and Relish Mustard!