MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I felt sexy today...

And that hasn't happened in a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time!!

Wore a black skirt and shiny red shirt that I have had for a while, but the first thing I noticed was the lack of rubbing under the skirt! You see, I'm pretty sure I was born with "Conjoined-Twin" upper thighs...when I run all I hear is the clapping, or should that be thwapping, encouraging me ever onward!! However today I noticed a slight parting of thighs, and nary a chafe mark in sight. Perhaps I've had a team of surgeons swoop in one night to perform a miracle separation...or perhaps BOOT CAMP IS WORKING!!!!

Back to feeling sexy though...once at work I changed into my red pumps (I walk, so wear birkenstocks - happy feet mean happy me) and after walking to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, I thought...dang...I look good!!! I feel good!!! And most importantly, I LOOK GOOD! Calves were looking defined, legs were strong, belly didn't roll over anything or push anything out of it's way - it was all working. And I am proud of that. Made me work even harder at bootcamp this afternoon.

Didn't run at lunch today, as I was late getting in (blood samples for previously mentioned physical) so I really wanted to amp it up after work. Now, I know it's only (sigh) 20 or 22 out there, but man, it was smoking hot in the park. And I forgot my hat, but I did have water and was ready for whatever J. had to throw at us. Cardio...was last returning from the run around the block (just over 1k), but not nearly as far behind as I have been in the past...push ups, curls, lifts, step-ups, more curls, more lifts, jumping jacks (was so not wearing an appropriate top for jumping jacks - the men were very polite and averted their eyes!), flies, lat raises, leg lifts, plank (oh, so many planks!), and the list goes on. I think I sweat out the full litre of water I drank, but I love that feeling - a healthy, dripping sweat; not the way you feel when you are sick, but that "my body has just been a machine" kind of sweat. As much as I despise Matthew McConaghy (sp??), I believe what he says is true: "you should break a sweat every day".

Home, changed, picked up by H. (in her rental car), swung by and picked up B. and off to Weight Watchers, where I had a much better week than last, down 4.6! Must keep the momentum up and not sabotage myself like I usually do. Decided to meet up with H. after work tomorrow for a run (and possibly some toning), stairs and walk on Saturday, run and toning on Sunday. That should keep me away from the junk.

And if I'm going to crawl out of the sack first thing, I must actually try to get into it soon!

Night everyone! Sweet dreams. Mine will be about my hot butt!!

:)

No comments: