MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Musings

Wow...my thoughts and prayers to Natasha Richardson's family and friends tonight. Who knew that something so innocent would be so deadly.

Body Butter experiment has fallen off the rails...snooze for 10 more minutes or get up and put on body butter...you all know how I feel about sleep! Snoozing wins every time! Although it was suggested that because of my varied and unrestricted diet (meaning I can and do eat anything I want), I probably won't succumb to the BB weight gain like those on more restrictive food intakes. Okay then... Of course, this comes from the same source that said cough drops (even sugar free) will cause plateaus and you shouldn't eat corn in any form (yes, even popped) because your body "never digests it and therefore it never leaves...ever." So, future archeologists take note...when you dig me up a thousand years from now, I should hope that you will find the lifetime of popcorn, corn on the cob, corn syrup and good old peaches & cream resting comfortably in my belly.

We had a blast at work today. We give out awards in our department, similar to the Oscars (but combining our company name, which I will not divulge), and while some are goofy and fun, others are in keeping with our company's values. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it, as we totally camped it up this year, dressing up, being in charactor and just acting like a bunch of goofs (considering a few people were fired and laid off this week, everyone needed a moment to smile and have some fun). I tried to tap my inner diva, fashioning a dress similar to J-Lo's shower curtain fiasco of year's past. I was up for Most Caffeinated, so decided to prove to people that yes, I do get my coffee via IV drip! I won!!


We also had a potluck, and this was the first time ever that no one brought chips and dip. Tons of veggies, fruit, turkey meatballs, and while there was some badness, most everything brought was relatively healthy. That made choices for me much easier and I walked away feeling just fine. Satisfied and yet managed to have a little bite of everything. I did go to the extreme myself, baking a chocolate Guinness cake with dark chocolate ganash, but the joy of that is I bake it, lick the spoon to get my fix and then stand back and let the hordes have at 'er! Perfect. Of course, we'll let the weigh-in tomorrow night decide how well I did!
Hug your family, tell them you love them, and have a safe day out there.

No comments: